Suitcase weight: is this ok?

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok?
   / Suitcase weight: is this ok? #12  
We've always kept suitcase weights whenever we sold a tractor. Here's a bracket I had to fab up up for the front of a Ford.

1/2"x6" flat bar was used. The weights are 120 pounds each IIRC.

View attachment 499814

Terry

Great example right there!!! That's how I built my weight racks as well. I don't use any bolt mechanism to hold them in place. If you were running your tractor over very rough ground with speed you might want something. Even if just a strong tarp strap making them swing as one.

I incorporated my rack into the factory grill guard base on the Kubota.

DSC06086.JPG

DSC06141.JPG

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #13  
On the Ford I had to build the entire grill guard assembly so incorporated a weight rack at the same time. Didn't have any 1/2" thick so used 1/4" and added an additional 1/4x1" flat bar at the top.

Made the slots between the guard uprights the right distance apart to accept weights.

While I was at it I added a hitch receiver. Then built a chain box to fit in the receiver when I'm not carrying a full rack of weights. With the box in place I can still carry two weights if needed.

20141205_162924 (1280x720).jpg

20141207_131038 (1280x720).jpg

20141210_162359 (1280x720).jpg

20150219_094153 (1280x720).jpg

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #14  
On the Ford I had to build the entire grill guard assembly so incorporated a weight rack at the same time. Didn't have any 1/2" thick so used 1/4" and added an additional 1/4x1" flat bar at the top.

Made the slots between the guard uprights the right distance apart to accept weights.

While I was at it I added a hitch receiver. Then built a chain box to fit in the receiver when I'm not carrying a full rack of weights. With the box in place I can still carry two weights if needed.

View attachment 499897

View attachment 499898

View attachment 499899

View attachment 499900

Richard. Thank you for your time AND your résumé.

You're hired. :)

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #15  
No, no Terry!!!! No job search here!!!!

I have the best tool possible for projects like these. Time. :D

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #16  
No, no Terry!!!! No job search here!!!!

I have the best tool possible for projects like these. Time. :D

Me too!

An ex-girlfriend once said I was the "biggest tool" in the shop. In retrospect it may NOT have been a compliment....

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #17  
Me too!

An ex-girlfriend once said I was the "biggest tool" in the shop. In retrospect it may NOT have been a compliment....

Sooooo many ways that could have been perceived..... :D

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #18  
ovrszd--that is a great looking guard on your Ford and the Kubota as well. Clean design and good workmanship is hard to beat.

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #19  
ovrszd--that is a great looking guard on your Ford and the Kubota as well. Clean design and good workmanship is hard to beat.

Thank you for the compliment. I don't post pics to showoff, I post pics to share ideas. I've taken many more ideas from TBN than I've given. :)

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #20  
Thank you for the compliment. I don't post pics to showoff, I post pics to share ideas. I've taken many more ideas from TBN than I've given. :)

I don't think anyone really thinks that. Keep the photos coming.

Otherwise it would be like us still buying Playboy for the "articles".