Suitcase weight: is this ok?

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #31  
Go for it Six.

I've got a 3pt weight rack that I use to store my weights and can pick it up with the rear QH so use it for a ballast when doing FEL work. I'll hafta get a pic next time I'm at the farm.

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok?
Once I start the 3pt project I will start a new thread and link it here. I'll need more advice and suggestions. :thumbsup:

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok?
Go for it Six.

I've got a 3pt weight rack that I use to store my weights and can pick it up with the rear QH so use it for a ballast when doing FEL work. I'll hafta get a pic next time I'm at the farm.

Yes please do!

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #35  
We've always kept suitcase weights whenever we sold a tractor. Here's a bracket I had to fab up up for the front of a Ford.

1/2"x6" flat bar was used. The weights are 120 pounds each IIRC.

View attachment 499814

Terry
Is that bottom hole in your mounting bracket suppose to have a bolt in? Looks like you might have lost one.

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #36  
Is that bottom hole in your mounting bracket suppose to have a bolt in? Looks like you might have lost one.

No. I used salvaged parts. There were no holes in the tractor frame in that area. There are 4 bolts holding the bracket to the FRONT of the tractor frame behind the suitcase weights also.

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #37  
No. I used salvaged parts. There were no holes in the tractor frame in that area. There are 4 bolts holding the bracket to the FRONT of the tractor frame behind the suitcase weights also.

I've lost track of the number of times I've built something from salvage parts that had an unused hole. Post a pic and someone asks why that hole is there or whatever. I then have to explain I'm cheap. I prefer to call it "repurposing". :)

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #38  
I've lost track of the number of times I've built something from salvage parts that had an unused hole. Post a pic and someone asks why that hole is there or whatever. I then have to explain I'm cheap. I prefer to call it "repurposing". :)

I gave up on the "repurposing" explanation long ago.

My friends all KNOW I'm cheap. :D

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #39  
I fill extra holes and grind flat. First, it's good welding practice plus I don't have to explain. They already know I'm a cheapskate.

/ Suitcase weight: is this ok? #40  
I fill extra holes and grind flat. First, it's good welding practice plus I don't have to explain. They already know I'm a cheapskate.

That's definitely doing it the RIGHT way, sixdogs.

Since I can't get away with a "lightening holes" explanation for a weight ballast bracket I'll have to add LAZY to my résumé. :)

Terry