Swapping Robin out with Kohler today

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #91  
Moss, Can you check on this for me, the 2 wires that come from the fan, a blue one and a black one. My old harness was different, Terry says they are pretty much the same. I have one, I believe the blue one has a in line fuse and goes to one side of the oiler cooler sensor. The black line goes to the gas tank frame as a ground. On the old harness there is a white wire in a clear tube that goes to the other side of the oil cooler sensor.

The new harness I got from PT, has a blue wire that I believe goes to the oil cooler sensor. I am a bit confused. The schematic for the old robin I have is a little different from the new wire harness. And the colors are different.

Finally got to my machine. There are two wires coming from the fan.
- One goes to a grounding lug on the gas tank support.
- The other has an in-line fuse and goes to one side of the oil cooler temp switch.
On the second side of the oil cooler temp switch, there is one white wire in a clear plastic tube.
- That wire goes from that switch into several layers of heat shrink tubing that contains the PT wiring bundle and a plug that plugs into the engine's wiring plug. So, I cannot tell where that white wire in the tube is connected to without pulling off the heat shrink tubing. I tried putting a meter on one end of my white wire in the tube and onto the terminals of the plug, but I get nothing, so I'm guessing my white wire is broken somewhere (and why I've been powering the cooling fan for 11 years by switching it directly to 12v from the battery).

My PT wiring diagram shows the white wire from the temp sensor switch being tied to the white wire in the cable bundle that goes from the engine compartment to the dash board. Without dissecting my cable bundle, I can't be of further assistance. Sorry.

On a good note, congrats on getting yours running! Way to stick with it. :thumbsup:

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today
For those of you that have Robbins in your PT's and are considering converting to a Kohler, I am so glad I did it. I am very happy with the extra horsepower and love how easily it starts in frigid temperatures. I am by no means a mechanic, when I look back - it really wasn't too difficult at all. There is a wealth of knowledge in old posts right here, as well as a great group of people on this site that are always ready to help out. Terry at Power Trac is also a great help. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had done this three years ago.