Swapping Robin out with Kohler today

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today
I bought another Interstate battery. This one is eight inches in length by six inches wide and has 525 CCAs. I believe I have the long filter. Short or long wouldn't matter. The side of filter was the part in question.

Moss, Can you check on this for me, the 2 wires that come from the fan, a blue one and a black one. My old harness was different, Terry says they are pretty much the same. I have one, I believe the blue one has a in line fuse and goes to one side of the oiler cooler sensor. The black line goes to the gas tank frame as a ground. On the old harness there is a white wire in a clear tube that goes to the other side of the oil cooler sensor.

The new harness I got from PT, has a blue wire that I believe goes to the oil cooler sensor. I am a bit confused. The schematic for the old robin I have is a little different from the new wire harness. And the colors are different.

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #72  
Frank,
I won't be home until tomorrow. I'll try to give it a look then.

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #73  
Sorry, Frank. I didn't make it to my tractor today. I'll try again tomorrow. :(

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #74  
Didn't make it to my tractor again today. Grrr....

I just put in new hydraulic oil in the reservoir. How long do you normally have to crank the engine to remove all the air out of the case?
It is pumping oil but not sure if all the air is out. I cranked the engine for about 30 seconds or so. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #76  
Have you put the bleed hose on the bleed port and back into the tank?

Yes, I went back out. And cranked the engine for another minute. I had straight oil flowing from the hose. I don't think there is any air in there now,
Thanks

I went to start it up. Has it was turning over, I noticed the front of the tractor creeping. I still had the back end on blocks. I also felt a vibration in the front. Not sure, could it have something to do with the hydroback. It did start for a second. Shut it down, did not want to mess something up.

How do I know if my lovejoy coupler is misaligned? Would that cause the vibration? I hope I didn't mess things up.

/ Swapping Robin out with Kohler today #80  
I'd put the whole thing up on blocks until you get the treadle/hydroback adjusted for no wheel creep. I personally don't know how to make that adjustment. I think there's a post on it somewhere many years ago. Otherwise, that might be a call to Terry for advice.

Don't know about misaligned lovejoy either, as I've never had the one between the engine and pump separated. I've taken the one out of my brush hog numerous times, but I'd guess that the huge swinging blades kind of balance the thing out itself VS the one between the pump and motor.

Someone will chime in about the lovejoy. If not, maybe start a separate thread with something like "how to align lovejoy connector" and someone will chime in.