Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #11  
On both of my tractors, a big gear tractor and an HST Kubota, I stop the tractor, then reverse it a bit, tap the brake a good one and move forward, all the while applying pressure on the disengage lever.......

Be patient and don't push it.... :thumbsup:

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #12  
If they fix it let me know. They told me its normal

It is normal. Rocking the machine back and forth will usually ease up the shift. Makes you realise that engaging the 4wd once you're stuck could be a problem...

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #13  
Normal. It more zen than brute force, for sure. Tap the hydro peddle the opposite way than I was just traveling always works for me. Yes, on the wheels being straight as well.

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #14  
Another vote for normal... our L275, L4240, L3700 all do it... I use the FEL to get the front axle off the ground and unwind the tension, pretty much by habit now.

But after reading this thread, I want to try rocking the steering wheel a bit.

Tony

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #15  
Another "normal", it is that way on our BX2200, BX2660 and L5030. The 5030 Manual says to turn the wheels as mentioned; pretty sure it does. Raising the front wheels with the FEL to relieve pressure also works. Holding the brake down even helps sometimes.

Our MF375 is the same way.

Our M8540 works smooth as silk; must be a different design.

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #16  
Another "normal", it is that way on our BX2200, BX2660 and L5030. The 5030 Manual says to turn the wheels as mentioned; pretty sure it does. Raising the front wheels with the FEL to relieve pressure also works. Holding the brake down even helps sometimes.

Our MF375 is the same way.

Our M8540 works smooth as silk; must be a different design.

Interesting. The M9 and the 105 are both ocassional bears to get out of 4wd, especially on concrete. I attribute it to the driveline having very little freeplay.

I don't use it often. Most times, I'm in 2wd. I will lock the rear differential first if need be.

Avoiding 4wd for me is a matter of economy. R1 radials in the big size are big bucks.:D

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #17  
Normal on B2320. In addition to the steering wheel trick, I 've had good success by lifting my front tires off the ground with the loader ( if you have on ) .

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #18  
Normal. Since the tractor is stopped when I change gears, I just move the lever as I release the clutch.

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive #19  
most all tractors do that even the big case and cat, just lift the front tires up with the bucket and it shifts smooth as can be

/ Switching from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive
So I am starting to feel better, I guess it's pretty normal.