t1510 New Holland cab build

/ t1510 New Holland cab build
Well finally got the cab on the tractor. Had to wait almost 3 weeks to get the windows made and installed but they got it done just before the 2 day blizzard we got . Had to put the tractor to work before I got the heater and seals in place, also was waiting for the door locks and handles which just came. DSCF5083.jpgDSCF5084.jpgDSCF5085.jpgDSCF5086.jpgDSCF5088.jpgDSCF5090.jpgDSCF5069.jpg

thankyou Dr Dave for the info on the wiper, be trying to find something that will work .

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #23  
very nice job if you don't mind asking how money did it cost to make the cab ?

I do not know as of yet the total cost for material . The steel was 450 and the labour was free as I work for this shop in my spare time. Have not got the bill for the windows quote was for 1000 so we will see, heater was 150 and I have to buy the seals yet. will let you know when all is said and done

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #25  
Nice job, are you going to install wipers, on the front and rear, radio, heat, A/C ? You can get the foam sound deadening insulation on line for tractor cabs. I see Surplus Center has 2 speed wiper motors with a switch for $30,Im not sure were to get a wiper arm for these.

Dave

Yes I am going to put wipers front and back and radio, but no A/C, I made the doors easily removable and I will put a blower in as well.

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #27  
Even without the seals and heat; I'll bet the ride was far more comfortable since you were out of the wind. It will get even better when you weatherstrip and heat it.

You got that right, was blowing snow most of yesterday and even with no heat the sun shining in and the break from the wind was almost amazing compared to what it was like before the cab. should have got a tractor with a cab already installed but the cost was out of reach at the time.

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #29  
You got that right, was blowing snow most of yesterday and even with no heat the sun shining in and the break from the wind was almost amazing compared to what it was like before the cab. should have got a tractor with a cab already installed but the cost was out of reach at the time.

Very nice cab build - I'm impressed! When you decide to upgrade to a larger/different tractor, I know someone that would be interested in the cab. :)

<------- <--------

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #30  
should have got a tractor with a cab already installed but the cost was out of reach at the time.

At least you had the option to get a factory cab. When I bought my 4200 new in 2001, only European models had a factory cab option. If the USA models had that option, I would have bought it when I ordered my tractor.