t1510 New Holland cab build

/ t1510 New Holland cab build
Got the bill today for the windows and install, windows came in at the quote however the labour was quiet a bit higher, total for the windows was $1560 installed ,so the price came in for the whole cab about $2100 over all with the heater. More than I thought but I feel still worth the cost.

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #33  
Very nice cab, thank you for posting about your build. It may have cost more than you expected, but it was cheaper than factory or aftermarket, and better built than most of them. :thumbsup:

Hope you have as good service out of your 1510 as I have with mine. Two years ago we in are retired infinite wisdom decided to build a log cabin. We purchased our own saw mill and went at it. We used our 1510 for all the loading and unloading the mill. most of the logs were 18" in dia and 16' long. the loader handled these logs, the hydro trans was a must for creeping up to the mill to load. The summer we built it we had 43" of rain over the summer ,buried the tractor more times than I can remember but the front wheel assist got most of the time. I also custom rotortill with 6' king kutter tiller. Its got a full load with that. No problems yet 710 hrs, just oil and maintenance ,wrong one flat tire on front.

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #35  
Hope you have as good service out of your 1510 as I have with mine. Two years ago we in are retired infinite wisdom decided to build a log cabin. We purchased our own saw mill and went at it. We used our 1510 for all the loading and unloading the mill. most of the logs were 18" in dia and 16' long. the loader handled these logs, the hydro trans was a must for creeping up to the mill to load. The summer we built it we had 43" of rain over the summer ,buried the tractor more times than I can remember but the front wheel assist got most of the time. I also custom rotortill with 6' king kutter tiller. Its got a full load with that. No problems yet 710 hrs, just oil and maintenance ,wrong one flat tire on front.
Now we need pictures of the log house. Do you have pictures of the progress of the build? If not, at least the finished product. Also, what kind of mill do you have? Woodmizer? I wish I could justify the cost of a Woodmizer toy. I have wanted one of those things for years.

I built a 1000 sq ft log cabin on a piece of property I own. It is my avatar picture. I use it as my hunting cabin/weekend getaway. A local guy with a Woodmizer sawed the logs for me. I regret not taking pictures of the build during its progress. It turned out pretty nice considering I had no experience doing something like that. If you read enough and have basic handyman skills, a lot can be accomplished.

I have pictures of the build to date but I think I would start a different thread for that. I have a burg mill and build the mobile carriage myself.I have attached a picture of the mill and loading logs during the rain 2010_0517logmilling0042.jpgcabin1.jpg

Finally got the last of the cab done, I found some seals from a large shop door for around the fuel tank and sides. for under the cab I used some seal from a railcar hopper door seal the I got from a supplier for cn worked great. All that I have left is the head liner and permanent wiring for the heater and radio and lights but not untill springDSCF5114.jpgDSCF5115.jpgDSCF5116.jpg

/ t1510 New Holland cab build #40  
Finally got the last of the cab done, I found some seals from a large shop door for around the fuel tank and sides. for under the cab I used some seal from a railcar hopper door seal the I got from a supplier for cn worked great. All that I have left is the head liner and permanent wiring for the heater and radio and lights but not untill spring

I was wondering how you were gonna close-in the joystick. Very nice build and everything looks great! :thumbsup: