Tactical Shotgun recommendations

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #12  
+1 on the 870. Mine is 25 years old and any gunsmith that works on shotguns can fix it and parts are widely available. It has never given a moments trouble. I've shot many many boxes of skeet, dove, squirrel, turkey and deer loads in the gun and it is better now than new.

It is versitile firearm and is easily modified to home defense. Sort of the Timex of shotguns - reliable even with some abuse.

When my son wanted a his first gun, an 870 was he choice. We already had a 22 for his use- it was his grandpa's.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #13  
Truth be told, they are all good, I have Mossberg 500, and Winchester 1300's now, but Rem 870 is great too. I have an 1100 Rem. Semi-auto and it is great too. Semi-auto is perhaps a little more finicky with low powered rounds.. some brands more so than others. To answer your question, about speed... Yes you can shoot a semi-auto somewhat faster than a pump and you also mitigate recoil a bit. Gas operated guns soak up recoil a little more than some of the other designs generally. I cannot remember a pump or semi-auto shotgun I didn't like. It takes about a minute to change out the barrel of most of them with nothing more for tools than your hand. They are all good, get one you like or can afford.

James K0UA

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #14  
Benelli and the Mossburg 500 have been around for some time, ya pay for the M4 Benelli, but it needs little, the 500 has a world of aftermarket options. I kind of like this little fella myself, but could never afford it even though its a Keltec
b_ad06f8357508a9b2087e460442307fb1DSC03535.jpg

You can alter feed tubes as you perceive the threat after each round, 000, slug, ect as it has two feed tubes under the barrel that you can switch between

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #15  
...So far I have looked at the pumps but is a semi auto worth the extra money? If so...why? And why do you like one model over theother...do you have or had both?

One of the features of a semi-auto which seems to be vastly under-appreciated is that I can return fire with one arm disabled.

I am not saying it would be fun, but at least it is possible. Just can't do that with a pump...

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #17  
Mossberg 590 here. Also have a cheap mossberg maverick 88 I would trust my life with. Don't believe the hype with one brand to another. Can't recall any pump action that has ever had a failure to fed or fire. They are all pretty much fail proof

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #18  
I have a Winchester Defender 1300 with the 18 1/2" barrel. I like it just fine and keep it loaded with low recoil 00 buck.

I maybe talking out of my bottom here, but I like the noise chambering a round in a pump action makes. There is no mistaking it. I would like to think that if I grab my shotgun and chamber a round there is a good chance that sound will encourage the bad guy to bug out and I won't have to find out if I'm truly capable of pulling the trigger.

Brian

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #19  
I like both the mossberg 500 and the 870 remington ! I prefer the 870 ! They are both really good choices ! The 870 is more popular ! It is really easy to fieldstrip and clean ! Reliable , tough inexpensive what is not to like !

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #20  
Hey,you can do like I did and cut your own barrel to length if the gun is not `vented rib'. Just take it to a gun shop to attach a front bead or epoxy your own on there. A sawed off auto shotgun or pump gun is an awesome deterrent.Most guns,just saw(band saw) 4 inches off and you'll get the choke out of the way. don-ohio