Tactical Shotgun recommendations

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #21  
870 gets my vote. I have a factory 21" barrel. It is multipurpose, I have duck, squirrel, and deer hunted with it for 26 years. Breaks down easily to clean, any body can break one down, parts are easy to get. Accessories are readily available. I keep thinking I will replace every time duck season roles around, but just cant. My wife uses it for home defense when I am out to work. Between her and the 2 girls 20 gauge charles daly pumps. I think they will be alright. My 870 is 3" 12 gauge by the way. I also like Winchester Defenders also. LUTT

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #22  
I have a Police (tactical) Model 870 Remington with ghost ring sights. The police model is more expensive than the ordinary 870 and this is due to the police model being made to a higher standard, the same as their Remington Wingmaster. I chose this model because it was the one our police force used and I was very familiar with the weapon. It has never jammed. I use it in the bush for bear protection.

Fred

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #23  
Benelli M2 tactical12 gauge. I've shot thousands of trouble free lite loads through a 28" barrel M2 we chose a shorter one for home defense.

I really dig the ghost ring sights. Ours shucks feeds and shoots federal low recoil 00 buck and Winchester feather lite slugs without fail, great for me or my wife to use.

Remington 870 or Mossbergs 500 are awesome too.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #24  
If this is your first shotgun I think the 500 or 870 are great choices. The Nova is very hard to reconfigure with addons you may want later like a new stock or sights, also barrels for them to change long to short cost nearly as much as the gun.

I've seen the Bennelli M4 recommended already, that is an absolutly awesome gun (I have the original Super 90 which is similar). However, you need to train with that gun to take full advantage of it, it is a "complex" gun compared to a pump. Not to mention you're not going to find one under $1,500 right now.

My $0.02.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #25  
If this is going to be strictly a defense shotgun I would look no further then the mossberg 590a1.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #26  
I've had a Mossberg 500 for many many years now, no problems at all, but to be fair, I rarely shoot shotguns and when I do, it's usually the double barrel.

The 500s can be found used very cheaply and a lot of them already have the 18 1/2" barrel, or if not the barrel can be bought new just about anywhere for $100 or less.

If you absolutely have to go tactical with it, you can get everything to customize the 500 that you can find for the 870.
The 870 is one heck of a good shotgun, but the 500 is almost as good and a lot cheaper.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #27  
Ditto on the double barrel, just fun to shoot. My "hallway clearer" is a Rem 1100.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #28  
I was just at a local gun show;they had hundreds of used and new shot-guns.Check your local gun shops for a good used gun.Home defense,I prefer a pump(mine is a 870 Remington).I own automatics,pumps,sidexsides and over unders.They all would work.My 870 is 12gauge and synthetic stock,I think I only paid about $300.00 new.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #29  
i like a mossberg because the safety is on the top of the receiver where you work it with your thumb as it sits on top, vs an 870 where you ahve to press it on the trigger gaurd with your finger or thumb or whatever. That said i have both. But i had a 500 first. My 500 now sits in the safe loaded with an 18" barrel on it, loaded with 00buck.

/ Tactical Shotgun recommendations #30  
Shotgun Joe says "get a double barreled shoutgun"!! And just go out onto your porch if you hear something and fire both barrels off!!

Only problem here is one your jumping to conclusions and just fireing at nothing maybe and two you just fired both barrels causing a reload scenario, so now your unarmed and just gave away your position!!!