TBN is a place for politics [It's a little long]

/ TBN is a place for politics [It's a little long] #41  
Re: TBN is a place for politics [It\'s a little long]

I was inclined to agree until I read the arguement against. When I need help because I screwed up my xyz, I want the guy who knows how to fix it to help me and not be inclined to let me rot because we had it out in the politics section last week. Just because he's wrong, doesn't mean I should tell him on TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've had my share of that 1 tenth of 1 % deleted, and probably rightly so. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By the way, this is my 1000th post, so DON'T DELETE IT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TBN is a place for politics [It's a little long] #42  

congrats rogue on 1000!!!!!!
ij agree with gatorboy on the fact that this is a tractor forum and not a religious nor political forum and having thus said agree with above said and do however enjoy the once in a while very tempered thoughts on such issues .. so lets keep to the cuts and if youv'e got something to say on the political or religious i'll always be willing to hear , read, adn comment on with respect to everyones views but not on a hot controversial basis........love you guys and the respect we all hold so dear /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif way too cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
TODD

/ TBN is a place for politics [It's a little long] #43  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ........... When I need help because I screwed up my xyz, I want the guy who knows how to fix it to help me and not be inclined to let me rot because we had it out in the politics section last week. Just because he's wrong, doesn't mean I should tell him on TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've had my share of that 1 tenth of 1 % deleted, and probably rightly so. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

By the way, this is my 1000th post, so DON'T DELETE IT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Heck..... we don't need politics for me to use that logic. There are a few that have already made it onto my poop plater and I will just not respond to them. I won't mention names, but I think that they should know who they are. Some people go out of their way to be abrasive and I just don't have the tolerance level for them or their tactics any longer. As my wife has said, "Sarcasm, just one more of my many traits that I am willing to share freely.". There are people like PineRidge, 5030, AndyMA, LarryRB, etc. that I have fun trading barbs with, but that is all in good fun. Then there are others that just try to get under your skin and be an irritant like poison ivy! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif For them, it is "Silence is the golden rule", or if I am in a particularly mean mood, I might just give them misinformation. Remember, revenge is a desert that is best eaten cold. Remember ????
Best wishes to all.....
Michael Corleone

PS:
Rogue...... you are not one of them.

/ TBN is a place for politics [It's a little long] #44  

Politics is one of my greatest interests - I spend a great deal of time reading about politics and trying to understand what is going on in my world. BUT I am very grateful that such topics are not permitted here. One can never tell who is on which side, and I have found value in the opinions of those I would never have expected to agree with. People need venues where we can get to know each other, so that we will be more inclined to listen to and respect the opinions of others when the touchy topics come up. Also, when political discusions get hot, feelings get bruised, and relationships change in ways that last. If you think folks get unpleasent discussing gears and HST, can you imagine everyone keeping their cool talking politics? I can't. That will ultimately destroy the main purpose of TBN. Politics is very important, but there are appropriate forums for those discussions - let TBN be a sanctuary. Maybe finding common ground in other areas (like tractors) will allow us to understand each other better in things like politics.