TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #31  
<font color="blue"> Poster: MikePA
Subject: Re: TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure

I might try looping a 12 inch hose first - dealer suggested this and is much cheaper.
The dealer recommended that because he didn't know about the real fix. Install the real fix and forget about the loops. As AlanB said, there's not really enough room to replace both elbows with loops and it looks like exactly what it is....jerry rigged. </font>

I'm just wondering here... My 7610s has the looped 2 wire hyd hose lines to my cooler... looks like a 'factory' job.. My unit is from 2002.. any idea if this is how the larger tractors are built? Mine do not look like 'hacks' or 'rigs'... course with the wide cowl, hood and front tilt hood, you can't see them unless you are servicing the air cleaner anyway..

Soundguy

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #32  
<font color="blue"> Poster: MikePA
Subject: Re: TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure

I might try looping a 12 inch hose first - dealer suggested this and is much cheaper.
The dealer recommended that because he didn't know about the real fix. Install the real fix and forget about the loops. As AlanB said, there's not really enough room to replace both elbows with loops and it looks like exactly what it is....jerry rigged. </font>

I'm just wondering here... My 7610s has the looped 2 wire hyd hose lines to my cooler... looks like a 'factory' job.. My unit is from 2002.. any idea if this is how the larger tractors are built? Mine do not look like 'hacks' or 'rigs'... course with the wide cowl, hood and front tilt hood, you can't see them unless you are servicing the air cleaner anyway..

Soundguy

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #33  
Ouch! Food poisoning is no fun at all. Last time I had it, from a bad clam in RI, I needed the throne and the wastebasket at the same time. A laptop would have been ruined. Hope you get better quickly.

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #34  
Ouch! Food poisoning is no fun at all. Last time I had it, from a bad clam in RI, I needed the throne and the wastebasket at the same time. A laptop would have been ruined. Hope you get better quickly.

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I needed the throne and the wastebasket at the same time)</font>

Been there... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Soundguy

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I needed the throne and the wastebasket at the same time)</font>

Been there... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Soundguy

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #37  
INFORMATION OVERLOAD /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #38  
INFORMATION OVERLOAD /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #39  
I tried the loops of hose as you had suggested in the past soundman, but I think the front area of ours is just smaller.

I was able to get the one in, and it did not look too nice at all, I was picturing in my mind the picture of yours you posted, but between the battery being right there, and the offset of the hose etc. it just did not look that nice. (see picture in other post) It also started to leak some as well.

At some point, any time you put a bend in a rubber line, and then increase pressure on it, it will want to straighten out. Do this constantly and the end result is a blown hose.

I talked to my local hydraulics guy, and he suggested not using the two wire hydraulic hose as in his opinion a standard hose clamp would not provide enough clamping force. That was why I went with the Goodyear pushlock hose.

Any idea what the 7610 runs for pressure in that system?

I cannot say enough, I dinked around with mine for a year trying not to spend the $75 or whatever it was. I wish now I had just done this job right the first time I saw these parts mentioned.

Of course it would have instilled a bit more confidence if any of the dealers I spoke with new anything about this. Just learned my lesson that I can trust the folks on TBN far more then my local dealers... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #40  
I tried the loops of hose as you had suggested in the past soundman, but I think the front area of ours is just smaller.

I was able to get the one in, and it did not look too nice at all, I was picturing in my mind the picture of yours you posted, but between the battery being right there, and the offset of the hose etc. it just did not look that nice. (see picture in other post) It also started to leak some as well.

At some point, any time you put a bend in a rubber line, and then increase pressure on it, it will want to straighten out. Do this constantly and the end result is a blown hose.

I talked to my local hydraulics guy, and he suggested not using the two wire hydraulic hose as in his opinion a standard hose clamp would not provide enough clamping force. That was why I went with the Goodyear pushlock hose.

Any idea what the 7610 runs for pressure in that system?

I cannot say enough, I dinked around with mine for a year trying not to spend the $75 or whatever it was. I wish now I had just done this job right the first time I saw these parts mentioned.

Of course it would have instilled a bit more confidence if any of the dealers I spoke with new anything about this. Just learned my lesson that I can trust the folks on TBN far more then my local dealers... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif