Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,961  
Knock off the cookies tubby.

(I'm 286! :oops: )
20240318_123941.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,962  
I don't know about that I've never had any issue with the different weight and volume measures,
From Troy oz and T pounds to friken and gills for volume. Then Pecks and bushels and lets not forget chains and rods nor links. I have a little book that I have kept handy for many years that has 63 pages of conversion formulas.
It's called the Pocket Ref by Thomas J. Grover, I've found it to be an excellent gift over the years. I see that it is up to it's forth edition now my most current one is a second edition.
Pocket Ref - 4th Edition - by Thomas J. Glover
I would highly recommend this for anyone who has an interest in a multitude of subjects, 542 pages of information at your finger tips.
I have a Pocket Ref ca.1992, and used it frequently, before the internet replaced it. But to my memory, it didn't even include the many duplicate definitions of BTU (eg. IT vs. th), nor gallon (US vs US Dry vs Imperial), nor imperial ounce vs. US ounce vs Troy ounce, etc.

Hell, did you know that even the inch was defined differently between the USA and the UK, until after WW2? The friggin' inch! In that case, the difference was very small, but would cause problems with fabrication of very high-tolerance machined parts.

I'm not a huge metric system fan, but at least everyone around the world actually agrees on what a meter and a liter are. There aren't different meters and liters in each country using the system, which has always been the case for inches and gallons.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,964  

I'm not a huge metric system fan, but at least everyone around the world actually agrees on what a meter and a liter are. There aren't different meters and liters in each country using the system, which has always been the case for inches and gallons.
YES! (y)(y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,966  
South Bend Chocolate Company in South Bend, IN! :p

This is the 4th box I've gotten from them. They have a store in the factory. In one of the rooms they usually have rejects. It's hit and miss as to what they have, but raisins, malt balls, blueberries, cherries, etc. are pretty common. If they don't have something in the store, I ask. They take me to a back room and there are skids of boxes. (almost heaven I tell ya!)

They had a larger box, but it was 50#. I didn't have enough freezer room!

I break them up into quart zip lock bags and freeze them. If I want some, I just take another bag out of the freezer and they're ready to eat in an hour or two.

This box was 22#. I got one labeled as 20# once that was actually 35#!

Anyhow, they are ugly, not polished, and most are doubles and triples. So what! They taste exactly the same.

Just another reason to move to Indiana. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,967  
I know a person who loves cherries and chocolate,
but a chocolate covered cherry turns her stomach.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,968  
I have a Pocket Ref ca.1992, and used it frequently, before the internet replaced it. But to my memory, it didn't even include the many duplicate definitions of BTU (eg. IT vs. th), nor gallon (US vs US Dry vs Imperial), nor imperial ounce vs. US ounce vs Troy ounce, etc.

Hell, did you know that even the inch was defined differently between the USA and the UK, until after WW2? The friggin' inch! In that case, the difference was very small, but would cause problems with fabrication of very high-tolerance machined parts.

Nope I don't care for the metric system. I have had to use it many times but that doesn't mean that I like it at all.
I never have gone along with crowd.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,969  
With that said, the F14 only had 5 kills for the US in 30 years, none with the gun. Turning radius did not matter.

Iran's F14s had alleged 150 kills in wars with Iraq in the 80s.
That can’t be…. I saw Tom Cruse do that many myself :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#7,970  
At an air show in Springfield Illinois, probably about 1988 I saw either an F14 or an F15 doing very tight turns. They were low altitude and fairly low speed, maybe less than 300 knots. The plane almost looks like it’s half flying and half a rocket. It almost looked like a car doing a donut and I was surprised how tight it could turn.