Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,971  
I know a person who loves cherries and chocolate,
but a chocolate covered cherry turns her stomach.
Chocolate covered cherries are typically those sweet, syrupy things like Queen Anne Cordial Cherries or Cellos.(sp).

IMG_3696.jpeg

A lot of people find those too sweet.

The ones that I buy are dark chocolate covered tart cherries. The cherries are dried like you'd find in chocolate covered raisins. A lot different.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,973  
I've mentioned before that many years ago we took our kids to the coast for vacation. We were sitting on Virginia Beach enjoying the afternoon. All afternoon F14s were flying in from the Ocean, buzzing the field at Oceana Naval Station, doing really loud go-arounds, then landing.

Found out later they were coming in off of a carrier for their last flights before being scrapped out. :(

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,974  
Reality is what doesn't go away if we stop believing in it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,975  
Chocolate covered cherries are typically those sweet, syrupy things like Queen Anne Cordial Cherries or Cellos.(sp).

View attachment 857799

A lot of people find those too sweet.

The ones that I buy are dark chocolate covered tart cherries. The cherries are dried like you'd find in chocolate covered raisins. A lot different.
I hate you...I hope you know that.
You don't have their number do you? (Neighbor wanted to know) I'm guessing you have it on speed dial.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,977  
Nope I don't care for the metric system. I have had to use it many times but that doesn't mean that I like it at all.
I never have gone along with crowd.
If you've ever uttered "volts", "amps", or "ohms", then you've used the metric system, Lou!

I like the imperial system for pints, it truly is the perfect amount of beer for one serving. When the UK went metric, they actually kept the "pint" as an official unit, for this reason. The Brits do like their traditions. I also like our fasteners, but that's more about familiarity than superiority.

If you've ever worked in thermodynamics, that's where the imperial system really falls apart. W/m°K is just so infinitely easier than Btu(th)/hour/foot²/°F, and some of the thermal units in imperial are just comical.

Honestly, I don't care much about which system we use, my gripe was only that different countries and industries all define "ounce", "pound", "inch", "gallon" and "BTU" differently. Although, it is amusing that the country from which this system came (England) has abandoned it, but we stick with it. I thought we fought a war to get rid of their traditions?!? :D

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,978  
I hate you...I hope you know that.
You don't have their number do you? (Neighbor wanted to know) I'm guessing you have it on speed dial.
It's a 5-6 minute drive from my house. They are building a new factory just west of South Bend. It'll be 4-5 minutes from my house. Also building a public house (brew and wine), and, a dinosaur museum. The owner is a big fossil hunter. Huge investment.

Fun fact...

The current factory is located in the old South Bend Toy Company factory.

My mother in-law worked there in the 70's and 80's on the assembly line making croquet sets mostly. They heated their house with wood, and she'd bring home cases of maple blank rejects to burn.

So spend about 5 minutes and read the history of the South Bend Toy Company. Pretty interesting.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,979  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,980  
Oops... forgot your request...

Five minutes away you can get 20# chocolate for $35. Steam is exiting my ears!
(They're 11 hours from me. 3 days bicycle ride or 9 day hike...each way!)
Maybe it's a blessing...otherwise you'd see me on TV "My 600 Lb. Life!"....I'm sorry..."My 800 Troy Lb. Life".

Last edited: