Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,981  
Five minutes away you can get 20# chocolate for $35. Steam is exiting my ears!
(They're 11 hours from me. 3 days bicycle ride or 9 day hike...each way!)
Maybe it's a blessing...otherwise you'd see me on TV "My 600 Lb. Life!"....I'm sorry..."My 800 Troy Lb. Life".
Don't get me started on Claeys Candy... another candy factory here in town.

Famous for hard candy, fudge, peanut brittle, and Chocolate Charlie.

I have a friend that works there seasonally. He'd bring in boxes of reject fudge. Oh my! :p

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,984  
2024_03_19_02.30.42.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,985  
Some may have heard of Punch and Judy puppets but the first mention of it was May 1662 in England. The weird voice of Punch was using a swazzle, two pieces of metal wound with thread, the end long enough so if swallowed could be pulled back out...sometimes!
It was dunked in water or alcohol and held with tongue against the roof of your mouth. Blowing while talking makes this weird "Donald Duck" like sound.
A funny true story:
Percy Press, who was so good that he did a command performance for the king and queen and the royal family at Christmas. When the show was over, the king walked up and thanked the "professor". He mentioned the strange "voice" of Mr. Punch. The professor reached into his prop case and brought out a swazzle. He handed it to the king, who was impressed. The king asked, "May I try it?" "Of course your majesty!" So, the king popped the swazzle into the royal mouth, and, after a moment of trying, managed to get a squeak out of it. Then the king asked, "Isn't there a danger of swallowing it?" "Oh yes! The one you've got in your mouth has been through me three times!"
2024_03_19_03.07.37.jpg
2024_03_19_03.07.17.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,990  
i was thinking about all of the nefarious activity this could be used for in the wrong hands.
Range is limited maybe <100 meter or so unless you build some optics to focus further out....
I see them cut steel out at 40 meters with one of the laser cannons. Pretty impressive for civilian out the box stuff. Now just think what the classified stuff can do.... set fires from ship or plane? maybe from orbit?