Testing brake controller

/ Testing brake controller #21  
Are the magnets the only difference from 5K to 7K. It might be worth it to upgrade.
Bill

There is also bearing difference. It should not matter though. The backing plates are the same.

Chris

/ Testing brake controller #22  
Cris, what was the number on those 10x2 ford brakes? I just paid NAPA $65 per set for some 10 x 2 shoes for my Haulmark w/2 x 3500 lb axles. Was supposed be jobber price, list was $125 per.:mad:

Jim

Just found my note here at the house on the 3,500# axle. I use Napa TS-154 shoes. $17.10 is what the receipt I found had as the price. You can get them at Auto Zone or any other auto parts store by exchanging the TS at the front to whatever they use. Thats Napa's id for True Stop-154.

Chris

/ Testing brake controller #23  
Just found my note here at the house on the 3,500# axle. I use Napa TS-154 shoes. $17.10 is what the receipt I found had as the price. You can get them at Auto Zone or any other auto parts store by exchanging the TS at the front to whatever they use. Thats Napa's id for True Stop-154.

Chris

Thank you.:thumbsup:

Jim

/ Testing brake controller #24  
thanks as well. marking that down.

soundguy

/ Testing brake controller #25  
Are the magnets the only difference from 5K to 7K. It might be worth it to upgrade.
Bill

There is supposed to be a difference in the brake material. I cannot give you an honest answer. The magnets are definitely different.

As to the hub response, the 5.2K have 6 on 5.5", 1/2" studs - all bearings same as 6K 6 on 5.5". When you go to 6K/7K - 8 lug you get larger bearings - with this you can get both 1/2" or 9/16" studs.