The B2920 chronicles

/ The B2920 chronicles
Only have a short clip from the operators seat of the front blade pushing soil but cannot upload to you tube as my login is not currently working.

It worked real good!

Basically would push piles with front blade and then smooth with box blade backing up.

Ran the b2920 at 2000rpm in low and only used the diff lock once. It barely broke a sweat lol

I was thinking about low the other day as I was moving some dirt, tractor tends to bog down in mid trying to take a shovel of dirt from the pile I may give low a try today.

/ The B2920 chronicles #22  
Had to remind myself of the advice of many on this forum;

HST pedal is not like a gas pedal...

If you want more power lay off the pedal to allow HST to "downshift".

Low will definitely help your situation though.

I can honestly say in my 5 yrs of operating the b2920 the engine has never bogged from the HST in any range! Just whines louder.

Actually I have never really experienced the engine bogging while using the snowblower also

/ The B2920 chronicles
I was running about 1900 rpm trying to shove the FEL into a dirt pile to grab a bucket in mid range, it definitely bogged down the engine. I'm going to try low and see how it works.

/ The B2920 chronicles
Hey brush and blackberries, get some Kubota! Man vine maples I bet I cut 100 of those things now...yea death to vine maples!

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

/ The B2920 chronicles #25  
Nice to hear about some uses and setups. DTBB - like the new Chipper! I'm just hitting 150 hours on my b2920. Attachments so far consist of: 6' Back Blade, BH 65 backhoe, Wallenstein bx42 chipper, a trailer hitch draw bar, a carry all and a set of log tongs. A couple recent projects include:

Redid my lawn, which consisted of spreading 30 yards of top soil and leveling with the FEL and a lawn roller. I just re spread 20 more yards because the loam the first time was too sandy. I determined that even driving a good distance to the pile I can spread 10 yards and level with the FEL in about 1 hour.

Lots of tree work, including clearing a new area for lawn and storm cleanup from a few major storms. The chipper has been great and is well sized for the tractor, though I can stall it with a max sized piece of green wood. I used the tractor to pull a few trees over with Chain (dangerous hung tree situation where a tree broke 30' up in a storm and was leaning into another). I also have pushed over some good sized trees with the FEL, used the BH to fell trees and for stump removal.

Rebuilt a stone wall with the BH and thumb (big rocks). Replaced part of the septic system with the BH and multiple drainage projects. The BH is off most of the time, but when I need it I really love it!

Some pics:
Pulling a 6,000 lb + boat
005 (Copy).JPG
Removing a big rock from the lawn (though one of the smaller ones I found!) Took the FEL to lift it out
018 (Copy).JPG
Pushing over a tree with the FEL (was too close to the garage)
090 (Copy).JPG
Moving a stack of firewood, it goes under the deck hence no FEL and folded ROPS
134 (Copy).JPG
Stuck in the snow with the rear blade! (30"+ of fresh snow)
IMG_0442.JPG
Chipper
small_chipper.JPG

/ The B2920 chronicles #26  
The b2920 doesn't have hydrostatic fan under tractor ,cooling is from cooler in front of rad, there is lots of clearance on these tractors compared to bx series ,bx is better for cutting grass (the b trends to damage turf if turning too hard or going fast and turning sharp,better headlights on bx,cigarette plug outlet ,the b series is a very heavy duty tractor compared to bx, it's very porwerfull,at first I thought I made a mistake trading my bx for b series ,but after a week of using the b series I wouldn't trade it for anything (well maybe the new 2650 cab model

To add, the B2920 has pretty good under carriage protection and the hydro hoses are routed pretty well too, so they are in general very protected. I routinely take mine through thick brush and over rocks and other terrain that tests the clearance. The weak areas I've noticed is right inside of the front wheels (tie rods) and you can get sticks coming up through holes in the floor or the edge of the floor panel, this can actually be VERY dangerous and is a good reason to use the FEL to push down things VS just running them over.

The only issue I've had is last week after planting some trees in thickish woods I was driving out over a fallen tree (yes you can drive right over most fallen trees, which is nice). I got a stick somehow wedged into the HST pedal and the tractor was stuck going forward and I couldn't stop, I hit the brakes and the clutch, which worked. I had to push hard on the reverse pedal to get the stick to come free, that was pretty scary for a couple of seconds

/ The B2920 chronicles #28  
Tractchores do you run chains on your pto driveline cover or just let it spin?

I got the chipper lightly used, so there was no chain with it. I use a bungy to hold the PTO shaft up and on the chipper when it's off the tractor and on the dolly. I use the same bungy when the PTO's on the tractor and hook it to the top link or hole in the tractor PTO shield and onto the plastic shaft shield. It doesn't spin a lot without a chain, but its one of those things that I'd rather just have stay in place because someone might be tempted to grab it to stop the spinning or something.

/ The B2920 chronicles
I asked because they forgot to give me the chains for my new tiller so I called them and they gave me this whole story about how its more dangerous to use chains and have the chains potentially flailing around if they break or get snagged. :irked:

/ The B2920 chronicles #30  
Will the 2920 run a 5 foot bush hog ? Also will it run the Landpride RTR 58 ( 58 inch ) tiller ? Or are they too much for the 2920 to operate ?