The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #121  
Ummmm. Because you took umbrage with my BUREACRACY statement!

You jumped on my post first, if you do not like it don’t be jumping on me…..

Just because you are part of the bureaucracy doesn’t mean I have to kiss your posterior.

Actually….. you work for me! 😂😂😂😂😂
Your rants have become ridiculous. Grow up. Maybe try some Metamucil.

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #122  
I was quite good at boxing as a young man, but as I am about to cross the 71 yr mark, I’m not sure I have the same punch as I do with using facts to support my knockouts! 😊
Dad was US Heavyweight Title in his youth... at 72 an armed robber came into his business and Dad still had the reflexes... even without a knockout punch the robber gunman had enough...

It's the only time I heard dad reminisce of his youth saying how fortunate for the gunman Dad was now a mature individual...

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #123  
I'm here to tell you (and I've posted this before) in the big JD row crop tractors and combines (over 200 horsepower), the oil and hydraulic filters have built in sensors and so does the air filter and when those sensors detect a pressure drop, the electronically tell the 'Green Star' GPS system to notify the dealer and the dealer comes out and services the equipment. You don't. Same applies to the gearbox oil and engine oil. Dealer does the service, you don't and you cannot use aftermarket filters or oil either. The filters don't have built in sensors for one and if JD catches you using aftermarket oils and there is a warranty issue, they deny it.
Got a filter pn with the sensor (or a model number for a machine that requires it)? The John Deere 9R 540 replacement parts guide doesn't seem to show anything with a sensor and that's a new large articulated machine: https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/qrg/rx535024.pdf
Screenshot_20230820-233730-393.png

As for the rest, Deere can deny warranty coverage if using an aftermarket part caused the problem, but they CANNOT legally require that you use their parts, their service people, etc unless they are providing them at no cost to you.
They can't flat out deny warranty coverage because you used aftermarket parts that met Deere specs (ie: if you used an API CK-4 oil of the correct weight and lost a turbo charger in the warranty period they have to cover it unless they can prove that the oil was the cause).
It looks like they are instead using the carrot method where if you use their oil and their filters you can extend the oil change info by 500 hours (from 1500 hours to 2000 hours).
That alone would probably make it worth it to somebody who can't afford to have downtime in their busy season and to get another 500 hours out of the 16 gallons of oil that the 13.6L motor in some of the 9R machines uses.

Aaron Z

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #124  
I would bet the the college educated science and technology people aren’t the people who come up with dumb ideas at EPA. It’s the political appointed directors and other managers who supervise them.
You’re catchin‘ on!

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #125  
Once again, the professionals only do what is directed by the agency heads (who are political appointees).
Thats a broad brush statement. Like a 6” house painting type broad brush.
Plenty of unelected bureaucrats making policy/decisions, etc.
And BTW, not all are “professionals”. Many are deep state political hacks.

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #126  
Just to show how much of a scumbag JD is, they were caught at some sort of convention talking to a guy that designed a navigation system software that used their hardware but at a lot better price:
. So they're still at it, you buy it but you don't own it. The prices they're talking is unreal for a yearly subscription for software to be able to use a device you've paid for. I would never have thought it was that expensive.
The undercover recording starts at 4:03, the JD guy saying they rewrite the software so no one ca use our equipment is at 6:19, and the JD guy is told to go forth and procreate at 7:01.

/ The EPA Just Delivered a Solid Kick to John Deere... Right in their Jimmies #127  
Got a filter pn with the sensor (or a model number for a machine that requires it)? The John Deere 9R 540 replacement parts guide doesn't seem to show anything with a sensor and that's a new large articulated machine: https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/qrg/rx535024.pdf
View attachment 817112
As for the rest, Deere can deny warranty coverage if using an aftermarket part caused the problem, but they CANNOT legally require that you use their parts, their service people, etc unless they are providing them at no cost to you.
They can't flat out deny warranty coverage because you used aftermarket parts that met Deere specs (ie: if you used an API CK-4 oil of the correct weight and lost a turbo charger in the warranty period they have to cover it unless they can prove that the oil was the cause).
It looks like they are instead using the carrot method where if you use their oil and their filters you can extend the oil change info by 500 hours (from 1500 hours to 2000 hours).
That alone would probably make it worth it to somebody who can't afford to have downtime in their busy season and to get another 500 hours out of the 16 gallons of oil that the 13.6L motor in some of the 9R machines uses.

Aaron Z
Just passing on what the grower down the road told me. I don't own anything green and don't plan to either. I sold the last green implement this spring and I would NEVER buy anything green (tractors) in the first place.