The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,471  
So I was playing around with the saws & router.......raised panel doors....nahhh...too common. I have an idea though for something a little different.............

Rick,
Okay, I'll bite. What are you planning?
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,473  
Rick,
Okay, I'll bite. What are you planning?
hugs, Brandi

I knew I'd get a nibble.....nope, I'm holding out until the doors are done:talktothehand::laughing:

Thanks Mike & FB for the info...yes I am hesitant to heat it up. The copper nails arrived today & I used them on the seam & backsplash. But, I don't think I want to try them on the corners or folds, I think they will split the plywood.

Here is the long side of the L with the outlets cut out, and the backsplash glued and clamped:
Coppercountertops001-1.jpg

The nailed seam:
Coppercountertops008-1.jpg

Coppercountertops009-1.jpg

#1,474  
Dr Dave...this one's for you:
Coppercountertops005-1.jpg

Coppercountertops003-1.jpg

It's a cast Iron/porcelain Kohler.

And this is a scrap section I am experimenting with on the green patina:
Coppercountertops007-1.jpg

......interesting...eh?

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,475  
I knew I'd get a nibble.....nope, I'm holding out until the doors are done:talktothehand::laughing:

Thanks Mike & FB for the info...yes I am hesitant to heat it up. The copper nails arrived today & I used them on the seam & backsplash. But, I don't think I want to try them on the corners or folds, I think they will split the plywood.

Rick,
Ahhh, come on. Quit teasing us. For nails in edges of plywood not splitting..........drill a pilot hole for the screw and the plywood won't split.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,476  

Rick,
Ahhh, come on. Quit teasing us. For nails in edges of plywood not splitting..........drill a pilot hole for the screw and the plywood won't split.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,477  
Looks good, thats the style faucet, my wife wants. Copper interts in the doors?

Dave

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,478  
I like the way you have the grain of the patina in the copper running. The green will really pop with all the reddish tones in there. Looks great.

#1,479  
The bottled patina is called Tiffany Green. I was surprised at how fast it works and that was less than an hour. They also make a Brown & a Blue and claim it works on metals other than copper. There is even a base metallic spray paint that can be sprayed on anything(cardboard, glass, wood etc), then these patinas can be applied. I'm going to try this on some switch plate covers...the dang things are expensive. So instead of a 10 dollar metal outlet cover(there's 19 on the main floor), I can make a 35 cent one look like metal for just a little work.

So for the cabinet doors they are going to be old barn tin with patina applied. A simple frame with a kerf cut all the way around the inside edge will allow the tin to be captured when it all gets glued up. It's simple, quick and different:thumbsup: Also, later on if we choose, I can punch a design on the tin.

Here is the link to the bottled patina: Bottled Patinas

I studied those corners again, and I think I want to try my micro torch, flux and solder first. The nails are just going to look odd and might even stick out further. Also, once I punch a hole in that edge there is no turning back. If I can't get the solder to take, or if it changes the color too much, I think I'll just use a small punch to make sure all the sharp edges are turned in, then just leave them alone.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,480  
Rick - Have you looked at liquid tubes like liquid solder or flex steel that hardens and is grey colored? You might also find something else before trying to solder all the corners.

PAGUY