The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,881  
Whiskers have been shaved off and stored in the basement along with the rest of the stairwell parts. I should start the install possibly later this week.

**News on the "drip"....it is not the Ventless Fireplace. We have not run it is 4-5 days, this Am it was 30 degrees with a light frost. When the sun came up the drip appeared in it's usual places. I think I will focus on trying to get a little more air moving under the tin but it most likely won't happen until springtime.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,882  
MotorSeven;3104068**News on the "drip"....it is [U said:
not[/U] the Ventless Fireplace. We have not run it is 4-5 days, this Am it was 30 degrees with a light frost. When the sun came up the drip appeared in it's usual places. I think I will focus on trying to get a little more air moving under the tin but it most likely won't happen until springtime.

How did you route the kitchen sink and bathroom sewer vent pipes up to the place they break through the tin roof?

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,883  
MotorSeven;3104068**News on the "drip"....it is [U said:
not[/U] the Ventless Fireplace. We have not run it is 4-5 days, this Am it was 30 degrees with a light frost. When the sun came up the drip appeared in it's usual places. I think I will focus on trying to get a little more air moving under the tin but it most likely won't happen until springtime.

How did you route the kitchen sink and bathroom sewer vent pipes up to the place they break through the tin roof?

#1,884  
Central trunk and it's 3" all the way through the roof. My FIL is retired plumber and he helped me(ok he did most of the work:)) rough everything in so I know it's done right.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,885  
Central trunk and it's 3" all the way through the roof. My FIL is retired plumber and he helped me(ok he did most of the work:)) rough everything in so I know it's done right.
I'm sure he did it right. I was just wondering, since you have open rafters and solid log walls how the vertical from the sink was hidden, if it is, and where it T's into the main bathroom stack.
There is considerable "hot moist air/gas" at times going out the stack which might melt any frost that is formed under the tin in that area and run down to a drop point at the porch. Just a dumb thought.

#1,886  
It's a good thought, but the vent is catty-corner across the house from the drip zone. The kitchen sink has a cheater vent on it which I checked and is working properly. The kitchen is int he corner directly across from the drip zone, so that is not a factor.

Maaybeee it's just all the hot moist air from me yapping while inside the house? ....I need to shut-up more I think............:cool:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,887  
Maybe it would be worth while to just drill a one or two inch round hole in each end of the top of the roof where the two sides meet....peak...I believe you said they were blocked off.....Just to see if the dripping stopped or slowed down :) I know it must bother you to have this problem, as it bothers me :) Tony

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,888  
Rick, is the puddle coming from part of the roof that overhangs the west or east end of the house?

If so, I'm wondering if the condensation is only happening at the ends of the house where the roof overhangs (ie. not over the warm house). There may be enough heat escaping through the the ceiling of the heated house to keep the roof warm enough to prevent condenstation on the tin over the interior. The overhangs on the east and west ends of the house may not get any warmth from the interior and may be the only part that is condensating.

Obed

#1,889  
No, no drips off any of the overhangs. All moisture is running down from over the heated living space then dripping out at the transition to the North(creekside)porch. No drips on either porch other than at the transition and no drips inside the heated living space..

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,890  
Rich - Long time no post. You haven't fallen down that stairwell you were to install last heard about from you? :confused3: