The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,271  
Nice place!

:D

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,273  
How's Christmas in the new place M7?

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,274  
One of the posts here with the frost on the inside is an indication that you have no make-up air for your wood burning stove/ furnace creating and negative pressure in the home. By having a method of bringing air to your
draft on the stove you will eliminate this you actually want your home pressurized not a vacuum pulling cold air in that having no make up air will cause.

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,275  
Bo, Christmas was in Manitoba:
Canadachristmas2014030.jpg

When we got home I added a Yukon-Eagle husky wood/coal/propane furnace to the basement. Uncrated:
Husky012.jpg

Installed:
Furnacefinished019.jpg

Furnacefinished009.jpg

Billrog, I think you are correct. I am having problems with the wood burn in the furnace...too much smouldering. I have the 6" Outside Air Kit and am installing it now. I was hesitant to cut a 6" hole in my log wall, but I really think it will make the wood burn better. If it reduduces the moisture problem(which we still have) all the better.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,276  
That is one nice looking furnace. Motor Seven if the kit doesn't come with a method dispensing the air in side you can stick the end of the pipe into a 5 gal. plastic pail near the stove and it will only let in what the stove requires. The furnace is a different story the make -up air gets tied into the return air duct. Sorry I'm not great at explaining detail.

#2,277  
Interesting...the instructions show three different methods of bringing in the air. One goes straight down(these are all 6" pipe), the other makes a "U", and the third goes into a box. There is no explanation of the differences so I appreciate the info on the box/bucket method.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,278  
You have done well M7.
Think about a layer of 12 mil plastic film under the poured concrete floor. It will stop high humidity in the basement and effloresence of the concrete(white stains) It cost not much and you will be very glad you did that.

May you have much joy in your new log home.
Jix

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,279  
I had a drilled well into limestone shale at 120'. It was artesian and it flowed 20 GPM...I used a dowser to find it. Dowsing is not black magic, it works ! The dowser took a wire coat hanger and cut it into two pieces, minus the hook. Cut that piece into to equal lengths and then bent each piece into an "L" shape, held each piece loosely between the thumb and fingers of opposite hands with the ends pointed away from him and then walked over my land. When the two pieces swayed towards each other. he walked across that spot from another direction; they swayed again at the same place. Drill here he said, you will find water at 100 feet and twenty gallons a minute. Darned if I didn't!.

I tried that same method for a friend on his land...and it worked there too. I dunno why, but it does work!

#2,280  
Jix, I did put plastic down under the basement floor before the concrete was poured. My douser said 15 gal a min at 200' and good clean water. He was a bit off...15 gal a min @ 265'....mucho sulphur water ;( No biggie, the media filter takes care of all the sulphur smell.