The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #11  
I'll stick with a clean stick so you don't mess up the ball, rag and a hammer thanks.
That's exactly how I do it with my Bobcat CT230. A lot of internal pressure can be relieved by simply shutting everything down and wiggling all the controls back and forth. Once that is done, the hammer, dowel, and rag trick is almost infallible.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections
I have new sizes in stock, for anyone that wants to make their life easier!

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #13  
When did you add the rubber grips? That's a nice change.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #14  
They look nicely made.

When did you add the rubber grips? That's a nice change.
About a month ago on the grips, they give a bit more leverage, slowly but surely making improvements. 1/4" 5675/pioneer sizes hopefully soon for John Deere guys. I just ask that everyone measure their sizes off the how to measure size page before buying, print the sheet and compare to your coupling if you have to. Also, camo hats and beer glasses to represent now too!

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #16  
About a month ago on the grips, they give a bit more leverage, slowly but surely making improvements. 1/4" 5675/pioneer sizes hopefully soon for John Deere guys. I just ask that everyone measure their sizes off the how to measure size page before buying, print the sheet and compare to your coupling if you have to. Also, camo hats and beer glasses to represent now too!
OK, I'm feeling like a dummy. I must be missing something. Why is there no hose barb on the male tool? Where does the fluid go?

There really is no room in the male coupling for fluid to collect, for the most part most of it stays in the female coupling, the pressure releases through the threads which it was designed to do. For the most part there should not be that much fluid released - a table spoon or two, though I have had a few that surprisingly spray a large amount after a hot day in the sun. Always wear goggles!

Also, you really never need to connect the tool to the tractor hydraulics, just the implement side hydraulic hoses. Normally one side/hose pressure release will do the trick, but not always, sometimes you need to depressurize both hoses, that is the main advantage to have both mail and female tools.

I use the tool on a weekly basis, and it saves a huge hassle overall for connecting my grapple. Once you have it you can't live without it. My goal was to build the highest quality tool, so it should last a long time in your tractor toolbox.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #18  
There really is no room in the male coupling for fluid to collect, for the most part most of it stays in the female coupling, the pressure releases through the threads which it was designed to do. For the most part there should not be that much fluid released - a table spoon or two, though I have had a few that surprisingly spray a large amount after a hot day in the sun. Always wear goggles!

Also, you really never need to connect the tool to the tractor hydraulics, just the implement side hydraulic hoses. Normally one side/hose pressure release will do the trick, but not always, sometimes you need to depressurize both hoses, that is the main advantage to have both mail and female tools.

I use the tool on a weekly basis, and it saves a huge hassle overall for connecting my grapple. Once you have it you can't live without it. My goal was to build the highest quality tool, so it should last a long time in your tractor toolbox.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I was thinking that I won't need the male tool, since the only female couplers I have are on the tractor, and those can be depressurized by stopping the engine and jiggling the lever. This will be handy. Seems like no matter how careful I am to relieve the pressure before uncoupling my front-end loader hoses, there's always pressure in them when I go to put it back on.

If the implements get any sunlight or heat on them, the fluid will expand and you will need the tool. Sale on the website this weekend for TractorByNet Members.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #20  
If the implements get any sunlight or heat on them, the fluid will expand and you will need the tool. Sale on the website this weekend for TractorByNet Members.
I keep the loader inside, but I suppose there still is enough fluctuation in temp to build up pressure. Ordered, thanks!