The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #22  
I've got to say, the relief tool is worth every penny just in its convenience. Most of the time I can depressurize the system enough of my own, but when I forget, this just takes all the irritation out of it.

Oh? You left your grapple out in the sun? It'd be a shame if those hoses heated up... 🤣

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #23  
Pretty pricey when a brass hammer and a light tap works just fine.

You know, as well as anyone, a purpose built tool can make life all that much more enjoyable.

You didn't need a Focus RS, but it sure makes driving more fun doesn't it?

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #24  
I dont understand why this would be needed. I can always undo and redo my hydraulic fittings no problem, Why do I need to reduce pressure?

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #25  
I dont understand why this would be needed. I can always undo and redo my hydraulic fittings no problem, Why do I need to reduce pressure?
I personally seen 2 times when something like this was needed.

First, the last time I had used my FEL was when it was about -15F and I removed the loader. I went to install the loader when it was 80F and couldn't because of the high pressure in the FEL lines. It was 95F warmer than when I removed the FEL so pressure had increased and I had to crack the lines.

Second, I bought a used grapple that was sitting in the sun on a blacktop parking lot. It was super hot and the dealer had to crack the lines to operate it.

If you have big temperature swings, you will probably experience this issue.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #26  
It's not about the times you don't need it, it's about the headache saved the few times you do need it. 😄

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #27  
I may have to look more closely at these. The GC1720 has male connectors on the loader and a four-port female manifold on the tractor. I have had plenty of issues previously with the temperature swings between current and prior use causing one or two (out of 4) couplers to be impossible to insert. And this is even after relieving all pressure prior to uncoupling and detaching the loader prior. And yes, I have done the wrap in a rag and smack against the loader sub-frame trick, but that's not ideal for the ball.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections
I may have to look more closely at these. The GC1720 has male connectors on the loader and a four-port female manifold on the tractor. I have had plenty of issues previously with the temperature swings between current and prior use causing one or two (out of 4) couplers to be impossible to insert. And this is even after relieving all pressure prior to uncoupling and detaching the loader prior. And yes, I have done the wrap in a rag and smack against the loader sub-frame trick, but that's not ideal for the ball.
If you go to the website there is a section to figure the size, though my hunch is 1/4" pioneer/Ag, which will be in stock in about 30 days. The 1/4" 7241-B and 1/4" 5675 Ag share the same diameter of the coupling size to confuse things further, so you actually have to physically check and compare to the chart on the website.
Here, scroll down to the 2nd chart:

You can also take a pic and send me, along with measurement of diameter and I will figure.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections
Sometimes after hydraulic implements sit in the sun, they build up pressure from the heat and sometimes cannot be connected due to it.

/ The Original Tractor Relief Tool - Easier Hydraulic Connections #30  
Interesting , I didn't know these existed so I made my own ... primitive looking compared to this tho

Attachments

• 20230529_185947.jpg
    20230529_185947.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78