The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning! #41  
YES!
:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D

I bush-hogged in forward and reverse. I grappled and moved my bucket and boulders. I also grabbed a couple rotting pine stumps (about 8" each) and ripped them out of the ground.

David

Hey David -

Did you get all the items from the dealer? If you don't mind me asking, how much was the grapple? Does it require an additional remote? Is the tractor a 50 HP? Was the tractor reasonably priced?
I've got a bunch of brush and stumps I need to move on my property, and am going to sell my 28HP compact and move up in size to 45-50 HP. I even have a Kioti dealer a few miles from my house.
thanks!

Frank

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning! #42  
Hey Hawk -

Not fair....you have too many cool toys...err, I mean tools....!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::laughing:[/QUOTE]

Scoutcub,
My wife tells me the same thing all the time:confused2:

Which reminds me, I need to add the Case 450 Track Loader and Hough H-90CM Wheel Loader.:thumbsup:

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning! #43  
David,
A WR Long RBG66 was my first grapple - been grapplin' ever since!! I had it mounted on my Mitsubishi and used it for this lot clearing job in Fayetteville, NC. Cutting down tree and loading trailer with brush us Mitsubishi MT4201D - YouTube. I will give one word of caution though. Be careful when pushing and lifting oversized logs. I bent one of the upper tines. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure how I did it. I did not notice until after I had shut it down for the day and was doing my post-op walk around. The lift capacity of the hydraulics on these CUTS are more than many folks realize. The root rake is an awesome tool for land clearing and clean up. You can also use it to clean in and around your stalls, as well as, pile and load up all that horse manure:thumbsup: The root rake will serve you well.

Hawk

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!
Hey David -

Did you get all the items from the dealer? If you don't mind me asking, how much was the grapple? Does it require an additional remote? Is the tractor a 50 HP? Was the tractor reasonably priced?
I've got a bunch of brush and stumps I need to move on my property, and am going to sell my 28HP compact and move up in size to 45-50 HP. I even have a Kioti dealer a few miles from my house.
thanks!

Frank

Frank,

I just went through this myself.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/216841-what-should-i-buy-many.html
I started a number of threads and got some great answers from TBN folks.

I bought all my stuff so far on a single PO fron my dealer. I plan to add pallet forks and a 7' box blade, not sure after that. I'm going to borrow a PHD for now...

Yes 50 HP (38 pto I think, 40 if shuttle shift). I had narrowed my search down to Kioti, Bobcat (same tractor), and Mahindra. I got "a deal" on my Kioti because it had 6 hours on it and he had bought it back in March or so before the price increase hit in April (That is his story, I'm sticking to it). Otherwise I think I would have ended up with the Mahindra 5035.

I got a killer deal on the grapple. It was used. He got it from one of his good customers, and the paint on the tips of the grapple were just barely scuffed. It was not used much. Yes it requires a 3rd function and he added a WR Long knob to my joystick so I control the grip of the grapple with my thumb. (It is too dark outside or I'd take a picture for you).

I have 51 acres that has been neglected. the prior owners knew nothing about forestry. I have 5+ acres I had professionally clearcut so i can put in horse pasture. this is now a mess of stumps, weeds and 2nd growth from the stumps. I also have ~42 acres of mature 85% loblolly pine. I had it thinned so the trees will grow better and I want to clean up some of those trails, plus I need to maintain dirt road access for firefighting etc. at least for the perimeter. That is what my tractor is going to be used for.

I hope this was Helpful.
Be well and happy tractor shopping.
David

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!
David,
A WR Long RBG66 was my first grapple - been grapplin' ever since!! I had it mounted on my Mitsubishi and used it for this lot clearing job in Fayetteville, NC. Cutting down tree and loading trailer with brush us Mitsubishi MT4201D - YouTube. I will give one word of caution though. Be careful when pushing and lifting oversized logs. I bent one of the upper tines. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure how I did it. I did not notice until after I had shut it down for the day and was doing my post-op walk around. The lift capacity of the hydraulics on these CUTS are more than many folks realize. The root rake is an awesome tool for land clearing and clean up. You can also use it to clean in and around your stalls, as well as, pile and load up all that horse manure:thumbsup: The root rake will serve you well.

Hawk

Hawk,

Hollywood is looking for manly men like you! :thumbsup:

GREAT Video!

David

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning! #46  
I told a few people at work I'm taking a few days vaca over labor day to work on the farm, do some hogging, etc and they gave me 'the look' - you know, the 'what kind of vacation is that?' look... If they only knew. [/QUOTE]

:drink: I have had "the look" many times.

/ The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning! #47  
David, congratulations on the new tractor and attachments. I know you're having more fun than grown-ups should have. 2 weeks ago I bought a used shuttle shift Montana 45hp and the seller included a grapple along with all the normal equipment. Now, I've owned and used nothing but manual Massey 135's since I was a kid so I'm having the time of my life.

Have fun, be safe and put some hours on it!

Dave