The two most dangerious attachments

/ The two most dangerious attachments #1  

BillinTX

Tractor
MF165D, 1939 Farmall A, 1944 Farmall A
Reading through past posts on TractorByNet it seems the two most dangerous attachments are the post hole digger and the stickler screw type log splitter.
Since I own both I decided to combine them.
Works great.

Attachments

• IM001259.JPG
    IM001259.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,736
  • IM001260.JPG
    IM001260.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,754
   / The two most dangerious attachments #2  
I dont think so. I hear more about Brush Hogs and loader accidents, and rollovers.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #3  
Reading through past posts on TractorByNet it seems the two most dangerous attachments are the post hole digger and the stickler screw type log splitter.
Works great.

I bet those are dangerous, if you don't stay in the operators seat of the tractor and keep bystanders at a safe distance away. Ken Sweet

/ The two most dangerious attachments #4  
For whatever reason, that is a clever idea for the stickler. Can drop in on the big ones and not have to lift them whole onto a splitter.
Thanks for posting.
I would like to have a stickler on an electric motor driven gear box for use in the garage breaking down larger split pieces into smaller ones.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #5  
I own one of those log splitters and I'm very happy with it. Yes it is dangerous, but so is my chainsaw, table saw, grinder, chipper and so on.

It is interesting that you combined them on a post hole digger. I have seen the same arrangement that attaches to an excavator and it can split a 15-20 log. It was used on logs that are too large for those MASSIVE tree length wood chippers.

Edit: Here is and excavator working with that thing.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjrBDY1PNQ

/ The two most dangerious attachments #6  
I agree Bill works great for me too! Like your idea about hanging it from a tree for hooking unfortunatly no trees here:(

Attachments

• 10042010019.jpg
    10042010019.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 1,836
   / The two most dangerious attachments #7  
tungulara
Did you just cut the last one down? :D

Bucking trees on that sand must be rough on sharp chains.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #8  
...the stickler screw type log splitter.

I like it. Can you buy just the screw bit? Maybe I will put one on
my hoe-mounted hydraulic PHD.....

/ The two most dangerious attachments #9  
lol no trees growing here on the tundra but a few scrub alder. All my trees get delivered via the POE (pacific ocean expressway) so they are already sand encrusted, if I get 2 tanks before sharpening I am happy. Look on craigslist in Wenatchee Wa and you will see the guy I got mine from, he just does a few at a time.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #10  
Works great.
This is safer than a hydraulic splitter, when operated by just one man.