The two most dangerious attachments

/ The two most dangerious attachments #11  
I agree Bill works great for me too! Like your idea about hanging it from a tree for hooking unfortunatly no trees here:(

That looks like a cool boat in the backround. Can the tractor fit on it? Tell me a little about it, please and thank you.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #12  
What do u want to know. The boat is why I decided on my l2800 as it was the biggest tractor kubota makes that would fit thru the bow door(minus dualies) I can get on step with just the tractor but not if I fill up on implements. I use the boat for halibut and crab fishing as well as hauling everything under the sun. Want to put a small cabin on it but hate to give up the deck space. Switched from twin f100s to a f300 when I lengthened it and can get 2x the payload up for 20% more fuel so it was worth it. Gets a little cold starting about now when I run crab to town but it sure beats working for a living.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #13  
Cool, maybe you could put a modular/removable cabin on the boat?

With the PHD screw splitter, do short pieces want to spin badly or is there a technique you use to prevent that?

/ The two most dangerious attachments #14  
I split the whole log at once or at least big parts of it so its size or the rear tire keeps it from spinning. By the time they are short enuff to spin they are already split. The bigger logs I just take smaller bites and roll the log 1/4 turn between each bite so it is all split to size. If I have a big diameter log/short piece that I want to split more I just make a furrow in the sand and it holds it fine but the guy I got it from uses a metal rack to do the same thing.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #15  
How much does the Stickler weigh?
Is it solid steel?

Thanks,

jw5875

/ The two most dangerious attachments #16  
I like it. Can you buy just the screw bit? Maybe I will put one on
my hoe-mounted hydraulic PHD.....

Yes you can get the bit. Contact stickler directly. I just bought one for post hole digger and it was 209 for cone and 79 for adapter + 40 shipping. I also have a hydraulic splitter, but this looked to be better for them monsters.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #17  
The loose nut behind the wheel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ The two most dangerious attachments #18  
I've had a stickler-like splitter for years. I used to use it on my '75 Toyota Corolla . Once I got old enough to realize it could kill me quick, I bought a hydraulic splitter. But this application looks good for those big boys that are too big to haul around easy.

Looks like another project coming up... :laughing:

/ The two most dangerious attachments #19  
Bought a "Stickler" off Ebay with the 6 lug adapter plate. I'm in the process of making my own adapter for the post hole digger. Plan to have it on the tractor this weekend.

Suggestion would be to buy an old axle with the adapter bolt pattern and weld a piece of 2"
pipe on to it, drill holes for post hole digger adapter (1/2") and install shear bolts.

Attachments

• PA210024.JPG
    PA210024.JPG
    365.8 KB · Views: 214
  • PA210021.JPG
    PA210021.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 293
  • PA210028.JPG
    PA210028.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 304
   / The two most dangerious attachments #20  
Re: The two most dangerious attachments

This is pretty straight forward. The attachment on the tractor and the next attachment to be put on the tractor.:thumbsup::thumbsup: