The two most dangerious attachments

/ The two most dangerious attachments #21  
Got to use it this weekend. Sure is nasty on tree stumps! Split about 9 stumps average 12" to 26" dia. did learn to chain them to another stump and to only take side bights (5" from edge), Also split some oak pieces 30" dia. x 30" long for a neighbor.

It is definitely a two or 3 man job when using on the post hole digger attachment. And of course "Clear" shouted before engaging the PTO.

jw5875

/ The two most dangerious attachments #22  
I welded a piece of rebar with a cork handle on my auger so I can place it right where I want right from the tractor seat. I do it solo and wouldnt really want anyone around while I am doing it at least the splitting part.
Rick

/ The two most dangerious attachments #23  
Reading through past posts on TractorByNet it seems the two most dangerous attachments are the post hole digger and the stickler screw type log splitter.
Since I own both I decided to combine them.
Works great.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

/ The two most dangerious attachments #24  
Also have the handle for the post hole digger and I plan to attach it.
Latest pic.

Attachments

• PB110030.JPG
    PB110030.JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 239
  • PB110031.JPG
    PB110031.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 255
   / The two most dangerious attachments #25  
this is a great idea. I need both a phd and a log splitter...this would solve both needs. If I could find a used phd locally for a good price I'd be set...time to start looking!

/ The two most dangerious attachments #26  
Got to use it this weekend. Sure is nasty on tree stumps! Split about 9 stumps average 12" to 26" dia. did learn to chain them to another stump and to only take side bights (5" from edge), Also split some oak pieces 30" dia. x 30" long for a neighbor.

It is definitely a two or 3 man job when using on the post hole digger attachment. And of course "Clear" shouted before engaging the PTO.

jw5875

Can you please explain a little more the process used for splitting stumps. I get the part about taking small bites from the edge, but what is this about chaining to another stump? Also, what are the other 1 or 2 people used in the process for. Can you get the stump split up good enough so that you can easily pull out any remaining bits of roots with the tractor?

/ The two most dangerious attachments #27  
Reading through past posts on TractorByNet it seems the two most dangerous attachments are the post hole digger and the stickler screw type log splitter.
Since I own both I decided to combine them.
Works great.

I must disagree. The single most dangerous tractor attachment is the connecting link between the steering wheel and the throttle.

Think about it. ;)