Think I got Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Think I got Covid #31  
My wife and I had COVID in November 2020. Ever since, wife says things don't taste right and everything smells slightly like cigarette smoke. I used to be able to run up 4-5 flights of stairs and my pulse and breathing would recover in less than a minute. Now it's several minutes. Something happened (and it wasn't that I got older). For the past 3 weeks, I've smelled what I can only describe as the scent of the crusted skin of a smoked ham. :ROFLMAO: It's not bad at all, but man, it's just weird.

Dr. put me on another nasal spray to help with breathing and told me to keep running the stairs, hoping my endurance comes back.

/ Think I got Covid #32  
Good luck and take care of yourself.

I had it in late August, and am still having some issues with endurance, and weird things like forgetting words. I’ll be writing and know, that I knew the perfect word. But be totally unable to remember the word. It isn’t as bad when I’m reading because most of that is on the iPad or computer, and I can just highlight the word and ask for the definition.

Worst was losing arithmetic for about three weeks. I was trying to figure out how much double strength bleach to add to 500 gallons of water to get a 150-ppm concentration. I knew the equation. I new three values, I could manipulate teh equation to get what I was loooking for by itself on one side of the equal sign. I could plug the numbers I knew in where they belonged. But didn’t have a clue what to doo with the numbers to get the answer.

That was scary.

/ Think I got Covid #33  
A "mild" case of Covid can include the loss of taste/smell, lack of energy, brain fog, and breathing problems. Sometimes ongoing (long covid). Mild just means you didn't have to stay in the hospital and go on a ventilator. The "mild" symptoms people are reporting are serious enough to make me go out of my way to avoid getting it. I'm vaxxed, boosted, wear N95s and recently stopped going to the gym (too many poorly masked people) and out to eat. Which is a bummer. Maybe I can go back in a few months.

Even if you're willing to risk the common "mild" afflictions, with hospitals at capacity or beyond it is not the time to risk going to the hospital.

I think everyone's going to get it eventually but it seems prudent to delay.

@gsganzer I hope you get better soon.

/ Think I got Covid #35  
I'm on day 19 and still tested positive on Friday.
First week:
tired
light chills/fever
migraine like headache
persistent dry cough
severe sore throat

Second week:
shortness of breath(especially when talking)
take a deep breath and center of chest was sore
still hacking
tired
brain fog

Called in to my local clinic and got a Zpack and 5 day steroids for the sore throat. The next day I felt like superman, so I cancelled my appointment to get the Monoclonal Antibodies(big mistake). 3-4 days later it moved into my chest, so I got a chest xray.....yep I have Bilateral(both lungs) Covid Pneumonia. So now I am on another run of antibiotics and Prednesione. We bought a Nebulizer, so the Dr called in Albuterol and Budesonide for me to do my own breathing treatments....they are helping.

It's only 42 degrees out, but I just took the dogs on a mile hike. Very little coughing and energy level is coming back slowly

/ Think I got Covid #36  
I had a very mild case while we were in Moab Utah on vacation about 6 weeks ago. We had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get home test kits. I tested positive, the wife negative. I now have what I hope is just a cold or flu. It’s almost impossible to gets home test kits and my wife used up the last home test a week ago when she just had the regular flu. I did get an appointment at Walgreens tomorrow for a quick test.

/ Think I got Covid #38  
Good luck. I just got over round two of covid. Much easier the second time around

/ Think I got Covid #39  
Mossy, can that be substantiated or is it typical sensational 'news'. I don't hold much candle in the media for honest reporting today.
I don’t think that it’s dishonest reporting. I think that this is all new and the science isn’t settled. We are learning as we go and gain more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.