Think I got Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Think I got Covid #41  
Sorry to hear your symptoms are what they are but sounds like you'll be better quickly. I went through the whole gamut of symptoms in about 4 days, not including the loss of smell and taste. None of them lasted very long at all and most were less severe than a common head cold for me, the smell and taste thing excluded. No smell or taste obviously affects the appetite, and not eating will run you down very quickly. That's actually a good time to eat really healthy foods you don't like. Can't taste or smell it, so why not? That lasted about 4 days by itself. Once I popped positive, I immediately went to the doc to verify the test and he set me up for monoclonal antibody infusion. Took about an hour, but I'm pretty convinced it boosted my immune system. I felt like a million bucks after getting it and never checked up with what I was doing around the house. Check on that option if you're still less than 10 days from detection. If you're past 10 days, it won't help.

Hope you recover soon. Look at the bright side. You won't need the shot anymore. Any doctor that tells you otherwise needs one less patient.
Actually, you are wrong. And I really wish people would stop spreading this nonsense. You are an MD, right? Are you not? Then, if you are convinced that you are right in your statements then please tell us you're an epidemiologist and a virologist and that you understand that infection with and recovery from a particular virus does not mean that you cannot be infected by that same virus again. And that you understand that vaccines work differently than being infected with the actual disease. That a particular virus strain is just that, particular, but that vaccines are often engineered to target more than one particular strain. Which is why, right now, the Pfizer and Moderns vaccines are showing protection against the alpha, beta, delta, and omicrom strains of the covid 19 virus while previous infection with the alpha, beta, and delta strains of the covid 19 virus show no protection against the omicron strain. And that you have the actual statistics to back up your claim. Please show us all the basis for your statement.
Thank You,
Eric

/ Think I got Covid #43  
Sorry to hear your symptoms are what they are but sounds like you'll be better quickly. I went through the whole gamut of symptoms in about 4 days, not including the loss of smell and taste. None of them lasted very long at all and most were less severe than a common head cold for me, the smell and taste thing excluded. No smell or taste obviously affects the appetite, and not eating will run you down very quickly. That's actually a good time to eat really healthy foods you don't like. Can't taste or smell it, so why not? That lasted about 4 days by itself. Once I popped positive, I immediately went to the doc to verify the test and he set me up for monoclonal antibody infusion. Took about an hour, but I'm pretty convinced it boosted my immune system. I felt like a million bucks after getting it and never checked up with what I was doing around the house. Check on that option if you're still less than 10 days from detection. If you're past 10 days, it won't help.

Hope you recover soon. Look at the bright side. You won't need the shot anymore. Any doctor that tells you otherwise needs one less patient.
Nonsense. Vaccinated people are showing stronger antibodies and immune responses than those with previous Covid infections and no vaccines.

/ Think I got Covid #44  
Actually, you are wrong.... And I really wish people would stop spreading this nonsense... Which is why, right now, the Pfizer and Moderns vaccines.
Please take your MD and discuss this on a medical site. This type of post is just inflammatory and I don't want to have to take an NSAID.

/ Think I got Covid #45  
Please take your MD and discuss this on a medical site. This type of post is just inflammatory and I don't want to have to take an NSAID.
You don’t have to read or participate in the thread if it’s not of interest to you.

/ Think I got Covid #46  
You don’t have to read or participate in the thread if it’s not of interest to you.
The thread was a personal interest thread about one of our own being sick. Y'all took it in a whole other direction. I don't like attacks on others about political topics. They tend to devolve in a predictable manner.

/ Think I got Covid #49  
The thread was a personal interest thread about one of our own being sick. Y'all took it in a whole other direction. I don't like attacks on others about political topics. They tend to devolve in a predictable manner.
I didn’t see anything political in the discussions. Science isn’t based on opinions or your political perspectives.

/ Think I got Covid #50  
I didn’t see anything political in the discussions. Science isn’t based on opinions or your political perspectives.
Therein lies your bias. I don't have an opinion on the medical as anyone who says they know anything clearly does not. I got vaccinated. The point here is that we should be giving the OP our thoughts and good wishes and y'all are beating up another poster because his views (politics) do not jibe with your own. There are places for that. Not here, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.