This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch...

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #11  
I agree, conditions were good enough for the box truck to be able to regain control, even after being put in the same slush sideways, not once, but twice. There had to be some traction where there was no snow, to do that.
I wonder if the driver of the SUV was have been somehow impaired? Or, had limited winter driving experience? Seemed to be a lack of judgment, and control.
Anyone have a link to the story?
Bad tires (ie: worn out) on the SUV? 4WD does you no good if your tires are too worn to grip the road.

Aaron Z

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #12  
Notice there is no median to keep such a accident from happening, scary for sure traveling at those speeds on ice. Must be the vodka because this was in Russia.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #13  
Oh man,, what can I say.. so sad. Yes too fast for conditions..a little driver inattention..let it drift over into the icy slop and now he is dead.. sad.

James K0UA

What a Mess and it only took about 15 seconds??

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #14  
Holy Hannah! Terrible. I can only assume the driver of the light truck was killed and I wonder about the driver of the tractor. My goodness.

It makes you think about what you take for granted, driving-wise. I drive a TON in the winter and am completely casual about it, probably too casual. The road to me looked fine. What I think happened was for some reason the vehicle drifted into the thick stuff at the center and then over-corrected. If you watch it in slow, the vehicle was starting to loose control before it was really even in the deep slush.

Awful stuff, just awful.

I've only wrecked in the winter once and it was due to over-correction. Lucky for me no one was hurt and the damage was minor. I had to swerve to avoid a family in a compact car who ran a stop sign on ice right in front of me. I was in a full size chevy half ton and I would have creamed them so I'm glad I did it.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #15  
Wow, shows how fast it can really happen and how careful we need to be.

I got this similar video in a email forward:

View My Video

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #16  
Yeah that first video was circulating at work last week. Pretty dramatic!

I feel kind of bad for thinking so... but... my first thought is just winter driving inexperience on the part of the SUV driver. Or substance induced coordination issues.

The SUV driver had at least 2 opportunities to correct their slide appropriately and avoid drifting into oncoming traffic. They did not do so, sadly.

Anyone who lives in a predominately wintery climate and drives arond every day has had plenty of butt-clenching fishtailing experiences. You can ussually squash them in a couple seconds with the correct steering and by staying off the brakes.

Should we just slow down? Yes.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #17  
One can ponder or question the reason for the accident all day long. There are many variables to consider. The true reality is that none of us knows for sure when a deadly accident will occur. Many of us take Life for granted. I, for one, am sometimes guilty of this. Life is "Precious". Every night before we go to sleep, I kiss my Wife and tell her that I love her and how much she means to me.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #18  
Bad tires (ie: worn out) on the SUV? 4WD does you no good if your tires are too worn to grip the road.

Aaron Z

The tires seem to have enough grip to change directions twice. The driver seemingly over corrected,...twice. :confused3:

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #19  
One can ponder or question the reason for the accident all day long. There are many variables to consider. The true reality is that none of us knows for sure when a deadly accident will occur. Many of us take Life for granted. I, for one, am sometimes guilty of this. Life is "Precious". Every night before we go to sleep, I kiss my Wife and tell her that I love her and how much she means to me.

Well said. Thanks.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #20  
The SUV driver was 'sucked' into the deeper stuff in the middle of the road. Anyone driving anything can experience that, even a big truck.