Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #31  
Simple oil leak? No! A busted hose is a simple oil leak, needing to split the tractor to fix is not. I have fixed my fair share of oil leaks, simple and complex, and this one can be fixed. The fact is though, the more complex the fix the more potential for failure in some form. Pinched gaskets, cut o rings, improper bolt torquing, contamination, etc.

How much longer is the tractor warranty for? It shouldn't take long to find out if there are any residual effects from the dealerships work.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #32  
Get the selling dealer to perform the repair. You're not going to get a 'free' replacement tractor from Kioti; there is no need or reason for you to do so or to claim entitlement for same. It may be a factory defective part/installation or other issue, but it only qualifies for repair under your warranty.
It's not going to fix itself, you're not going to fix it, and it's useless as it is now; so bite the bullet, take it in and have the repairs performed.
No one will extend or double the factory warranty or write you anything promising no consequential damages either.
Anyone who thinks that is going to happen is dreaming.
You don't need another color tractor either. Defects and leaks occur for reasons already explained and obvious to anyone dealing in the real world of mechanical devices. That is why a new tractor, car, boat, plane comes with a warranty.
Use it to get it fixed, and move on.
Report results/progress. Forget Kioti Corporate- you don't need them at this point, so disengage from trying to get them involved.
ALL you need to do is engage your dealer to fix your issue. End of story.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #33  
Totally disagree. He may have been running this tractor 20 hours with little or no oil in the rear. It is a new tractor. While you may be technically correct about the dealer's and Kioti's real legal obligations, you are wrong about what they can and should do about the situation and what that means to them in the long run.

The situation is clearly bad and involves the largest and most integral parts of the tractor. The dealer and the factory are currently stumped. This isn't a leaky hose or scratched paint. And as a consumer the OP has every right to pursue this issue to his satisfaction. Kioti should do the right thing, and fast. They have already failed to provide a quick repair. Time for a different brand? I don't know. As has been mentioned any brand can turn out a defective machine, what really differentiates that brand and the dealer is how they respond to you when you get the lemon. And I have personally had warranties on automotive repair work extended to meet the original warranty, so I know it is possibly. Unlikely but certainly possible and certainly reasonable to expect.

The reality is, they'll probably get it all back together and the OP will never know the difference. But at this point, with nothing happening and no solution found, there is no reason that the OP should not explore any and all options here. I'd be pestering the heck out of the manufacturer and if they fail to respond quickly and professionally I'd be bashing the brand to anyone who would listen.

There is a big difference between what is legally required and what is the right thing to do.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #34  
This is exactly my concern. I don't have much experience with this dealer, I don't know how experienced the mechanics are. Scares me to think this will be in parts laying all over! I think because the fact that the engineers have no answer, Kioti should ship this thing back and take it apart. Heck I'm OK with a loaner!
I did talk to the dealer, they have been trying working hard on it. They ran a camera and confirmed again that no fluid has ported to the rear of the tract. What does that do to the rear end? Heck I could have been running this a long time with low to no fluid back there. IDK, but now its sitting at the dealer and Kioti doesn't know what to do.
I've tried calling Kioti and just like I've read, I cant get past the receptionist!

Here is the ladys name i corresponded with in getting my CK27 repaired 2 months ago. She works at the Wendell NC HQ office. Very nice and got things done on a timely matter. Kioti won me on customer service !

Melissa Waters
Customer Service Administrator

(p) 919-374-5049
(f) 919-374-5003
(e) mwaters@kiotitractor.com

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #35  
I don't like the fact of splitting, I just don't think a tractor is the same.

Why wouldn't it be the same? It got bolted together at the factory and it'll get bolted together at the dealer. It's not exactly rocket science...pretty much just getting the torque settings correct and following the proper order of events.

Even the most modern SCUT/CUT/Utility tractor is a fairly simple machine. If it was mine I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would expect it to be fixed and have zero long-term consequences.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #36  
First of all...the tractor needs to be split open. You are not going to find anything until you do so. There has to be a starting point.....so no use just looking at it, get the wrenches out . I would think after it is split open there is a way to pressure test and check for leaks. We get brand new aircraft from Boeing and Airbus at work which sometimes involves dropping the engine with less than 100 hrs flight time !! Its up to the dealer to show its worth to the customer.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #37  
Totally disagree. He may have been running this tractor 20 hours with little or no oil in the rear.

And they will be able to tell whether that was a problem after they take it apart.

It is a new tractor. While you may be technically correct about the dealer's and Kioti's real legal obligations, you are wrong about what they can and should do about the situation and what that means to them in the long run.

No dealer is going to replace a tractor because of one problem in the first 20 hours....no matter what. They're going to fix it under warranty and return it just like every other dealer in the world would do. Saying they could and should do something different is dreaming.

The situation is clearly bad and involves the largest and most integral parts of the tractor. The dealer and the factory are currently stumped.

It's clearly bad and they're stumped? They haven't taken it apart to find out what the problem is. It might be VERY simple, and not bad at all, but nobody will know, certainly not you via the internet, until they take it apart to figure it out.

It has a leak, not parts flying off it....they'll get it fixed and make sure none of the associated systems were damaged....again, these are pretty simple machines when it comes to everything but the electronics. I don't think the OP has given us enough of a timeline to know for sure that the dealer is dragging their feet, or doing anything other than working for a quick, proper resolution so saying the manufacturer or the dealer needs to be pestered is silly.

The thread started yesterday, and the tractor is at the dealer. Also, the OP said he did "talk to the dealer and they are working hard on it." What part of that sounds like they aren't doing their job?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #38  
I thought the OP said they had no idea what the problem was and were waiting on the factory for the next move. Maybe I got that wrong. If so, I'm off base. But if I didn't get it wrong then all my points stand.

I'm not arguing that the tractor should not be split. That isn't the point at all.

But for anyone who thinks this is a routine every day problem is also under delusion (if the OP's description of the dealer and factory response are accurate.)

And for whoever mentioned that tractors are simple I would only ask if this is an HST tractor. If it is, I would not use the word simple to describe that plumbing.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #39  
No repair should be considered every day or routine, but simply splitting a tractor is not a catastrophic, live changing even some seem to think or imply. Now you may find something major once you begin the process, but at this point, some seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #40  
But for anyone who thinks this is a routine every day problem is also under delusion (if the OP's description of the dealer and factory response are accurate.)

And for whoever mentioned that tractors are simple I would only ask if this is an HST tractor. If it is, I would not use the word simple to describe that plumbing.

Nobody said it was an everyday, routine problem.

Even with an HST, a modern tractor is still a simple machine save for the electronics (which are still far simpler than something like a modern passenger car).