Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #41  
Totally disagree. He may have been running this tractor 20 hours with little or no oil in the rear. It is a new tractor. While you may be technically correct about the dealer's and Kioti's real legal obligations, you are wrong about what they can and should do about the situation and what that means to them in the long run.

The situation is clearly bad and involves the largest and most integral parts of the tractor. The dealer and the factory are currently stumped. This isn't a leaky hose or scratched paint. And as a consumer the OP has every right to pursue this issue to his satisfaction. Kioti should do the right thing, and fast. They have already failed to provide a quick repair. Time for a different brand? I don't know. As has been mentioned any brand can turn out a defective machine, what really differentiates that brand and the dealer is how they respond to you when you get the lemon. And I have personally had warranties on automotive repair work extended to meet the original warranty, so I know it is possibly. Unlikely but certainly possible and certainly reasonable to expect.

The reality is, they'll probably get it all back together and the OP will never know the difference. But at this point, with nothing happening and no solution found, there is no reason that the OP should not explore any and all options here. I'd be pestering the heck out of the manufacturer and if they fail to respond quickly and professionally I'd be bashing the brand to anyone who would listen.

There is a big difference between what is legally required and what is the right thing to do.

I will assume you're referring to my post in saying I'm wrong. But the fact is I'm not wrong about any of this. I've been through this now for years with just about everyone who has had what they think or is a major problem with a Kioti tractor, in and out of warranty.
I've stuck with people explaining to them how and why they need to do certain things to get the results they need with and for their tractors and themselves.

GBartMan has said what I said, but I'll repeat it for those needing reinforcement on the topic. The tractor hasn't been torn down to find the origin of the problem. Any issue related to the cause of the problem, rear end dry, etc. will be repaired/replaced as part of the warranty covered repair. There is no need to panic, there will be no replacement tractor needed or supplied, and the fears of the OP will be addressed, or not, as things progress through the warranty process.

Different color tractor needed? Really?! One defect from the factory and the entire tractor needs to be tossed out and go to another brand? That's just RIDICULOUS. Anyone who knows anything about electro-mechanical machines is aware that what goes together from a million pieces at a factory can need partial disassembly to correct errors from on the line in manufacturing. Splitting a tractor to fix a problem does not render it useless; it is the ONLY way to correct a problem that exists inside the machine.

There is no need, and no way the existing warranty needs to be or will be extended. Warranties have a hours and or time or both limitation in writing that is what buyer and manufacturer agree to at purchase. Kioti and their dealer network will make it right and then the clock keeps ticking until it runs out the warranty period. That is the reality of how things work. Anything else is pie in the sky naivete on the part of the person thinking it will be different.

This is likely a simple fix; for instance a defective seal or a valve installed incorrectly or similar. It's not a blown engine or locked up transmission, or other major issue.

Let the OP allow the dealer and Kioti corporate figure out the problem, FIX it, and send the OP on his merry way. Just because there is a problem does NOT make the tractor a lemon either. A lemon by definition is a problem that persists and cannot be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, and at least 3 repair attempts by the manufacturer's representatives: the dealer network.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #42  
You folks that would demand a new tractor over one repair, I ask this question, If you bought an automobile and had a problem within the first 100 miles do you think the dealer would give you a new car to replace that one? A loaner maybe but many dealers don't even do that anymore. Tractors are no different than any other new machinery, warranty the repairs for as long as the warranty unless you win a lemon law case and then it may become a lifetime warranty (for that part only). I do know a guy with a Ford that won his case in arbitration and now has a lifetime warranty on his engine. It took him a couple of years and several repair attempts to win that case. No one is going to win a lemon law case in one repair attempt.

Questioning the dealers ability when they have not even opened the case on the tractor is not very bright either. Only a fool would state a cause for an internal leak without examining the equipment. Sure they could postulate some probable causes based on previous experience if they had any, but then the owner would expect something that may not be the case at all.

I just can hardly believe all the posters here that state that the OP should get a new tractor, maybe they just are not very worldly or never bought anything in their live. Demanding and receiving are hugely different in what you get in life especially for first time customers with a repair problem.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #43  
the fears of the OP will be addressed, or not,

You got that right.

Different color tractor needed? Really?! One defect from the factory and the entire tractor needs to be tossed out and go to another brand? That's just RIDICULOUS.

If you are referring to my statement then you need to read it again. I said that any brand can have a bad day. The big difference is how the brand responds to their goof up. You sell me a new tractor that has to be split after 20 hours and treat me bad, then OF COURSE I'm going to change brands. That isn't ridiculous, its simple common sense.

Anyone who knows anything about electro-mechanical machines is aware that what goes together from a million pieces at a factory can need partial disassembly to correct errors from on the line in manufacturing.

Sure. It can happen. The response is the issue. And I love your term "partial disassembly". You sound like a service rep. ;-)

Splitting a tractor to fix a problem does not render it useless;

No one said it did.

it is the ONLY way to correct a problem that exists inside the machine.

Of course. The concern is what the consequences will be. And all of us have been around long enough to know that such a procedure is not risk free and represents an obvious opportunity for the sorts of mistakes you listed above.

s no need, and no way the existing warranty needs to be or will be extended.

I'm sure you are correct. But that does not change how the consumer will feel about your brand.

Everything else is pie in the sky naivete on the part of the person thinking it will be different.

Incorrect. I've experienced if first hand. Ford F150 head problems. Ford fixed it and extended warranty. Maybe it won't happen in the tractor world, but don't act like someone is an idiot for suggesting it.

This is likely a simple fix; for instance a defective seal or a valve installed incorrectly or similar. It's not a blown engine or locked up transmission, or other major issue.

There is no fluid in the rear of the tractor. It is potentially a major issue regardless of how simple the fix is.

Let the OP allow the dealer and Kioti corporate figure out the problem, FIX it, and send the OP on his merry way.

If the OP had had any confidence that this would be the outcome he would not be here asking about it. Again, I feel sure that is what will happen but it is simply nuts to suggest that that is the only possible outcome.

The one thing that is clear is that there is quite a divide on how people here, on this website, see this problem. For most people who sacrifice to fork over the money for a $30k tractor, who aren't mechanics and don't have years of experience bodging tractors together, having your new tractor split just to find out what is causing it to leak large amounts of fluid and not send fluid to the rear end is a real big deal. Any mechanic, service rep, dealer, factory rep or pal who doesn't get that is missing the point. No amount of "chill out, it will all be fine" is going to help.

And again, my MAIN point is not about new tractors or changing brands or not splitting the tractor: it is about how this dealer and this brand respond to this consumers problem. In this situation he deserves to be blown away with courtesy, the dealer/brand's ownership of the responsibility and doing everything they can, as fast as they can, to making his tractor consistent with and with the life expectancy of a new tractor with 20 hours on it. Anything short of that is unacceptable. And sometime the real world, realistic expectation and outcome is, in fact, unacceptable. I continue to expect this situation to be handled properly by Kioti. I'm very curious to see how it plays out.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #44  
If your dealership has skilled mechanics, I can almost guarantee you that their expertise will exceed the typically low wage, low experience, it's just a paycheck on Friday factory assembly workers. Factory assembly is no guarantee of a correct assembly.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #45  
"And again, my MAIN point is not about new tractors or changing brands or not splitting the tractor: it is about how this dealer and this brand respond to this consumers problem"

That is it. How the dealer responds will make or break the customer satisfaction of the brand.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #46  
Regardless of your position, everyone here(except the OP) is probably glad they didn't buy THAT tractor right now.

It happens, I hope everything go's well for the OP. Sometimes, once the smoke clears, we make out better than we ever thought we would.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #47  
You folks that would demand a new tractor over one repair, I ask this question, If you bought an automobile and had a problem within the first 100 miles do you think the dealer would give you a new car to replace that one?

My boss bought a bran new ram 2500 late last year. It spent three of the first 4 months in the shop for repairs. One problem started, then when the mechanics fixed it that lead to another problem. In the end, they replaced his truck with a bran new one, a year model newer. So no, I don't think the op is out of line to ask for a new tractor.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #48  
My boss bought a bran new ram 2500 late last year. It spent three of the first 4 months in the shop for repairs. One problem started, then when the mechanics fixed it that lead to another problem. In the end, they replaced his truck with a bran new one, a year model newer. So no, I don't think the op is out of line to ask for a new tractor.

That have not even looked at it yet.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?
Hello All, Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
I did talk to the dealer and they may have found the problem!!!
All the fluid has been coming up through the shifter. I guess there is a rubber boot around the shifter shaft that keeps the fluid from splashing out, which seems like a crappy design.
One of the techs went to check the fluid and when he pulled the dip stick, air shot out. So they re-filled the tractor with all the fluid, ran it then opened the fill cap and also noticed air coming out. I guess the light bulb went off!
They found out that the system was not venting. Pressure was building up and not being released. So the fluid was not flowing through the tractor. They found that there was no hole drilled into the trans filler cap. I guess they drilled the hole, ran the tractor and no leak!

So they are going to run and test more just to verify. I'm just glad they don't have to split!!
Anyway, everybody with a newer kioti might want to check this filler cap!

I will let you guys know when it is for sure the fix!

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #50  
They found out that the system was not venting. Pressure was building up and not being released. So the fluid was not flowing through the tractor. They found that there was no hole drilled into the trans filler cap. I guess they drilled the hole, ran the tractor and no leak!
Why wouldn't the fluid be flowing through the tractor due to a plugged vent ???