Thoughts on this bx2350

/ Thoughts on this bx2350 #1  

gregz

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX 2350
Hi guys I am looking for opinions on this bx2350. The tractor will be seldom used, mainly in the woods for stick branch clean up mowing and minor fel work so not looking to spend a bunch of money. Not much out there for cheap. I did find this bx2350 with 1000 hours, mechanically okay aesthetically a mess. The hood grill side panels rear fenders headlights all cracked busted etc. Comes with a 60 " deck as well. $4k. You guys think it's at it's end of life or still a few years left. I attached some pics

Attachments

• 20191102_093807.jpg
    20191102_093807.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 395
  • 20191102_093755.jpg
    20191102_093755.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 437
   / Thoughts on this bx2350 #2  
That tractor is definitely not a showpiece. Are you seeking a beauty contest winner or a work horse? Putting 1000 hours on a tractor over ten years is not bad, really. The asking price is just under half the new price. Something probably hit the hood and broke it. A replacement may be impossible to find. That said, how's the tractor otherwise? Leaks? Smoke? Starts easily? Tires? Loader operation? How's the air cleaner housing? If you can't handle the aesthetics now it will grate on you forever. If you want a good deal that may be it.

/ Thoughts on this bx2350 #3  
that's a steal at $4K especially with a loader!. hope it's not stolen, though..

/ Thoughts on this bx2350
Not stolen lol

re-Roadworthy I can live with the plastic and right now just going by what I was told, it runs good everything works except for the lights. It's at a dealer and was close to closing when I looked at it. The battery was just about dead, it powered up but wouldn't turn over. Sales guy said it been sitting awhile. . I am going back first thing Monday morning with some cash and the service dept will jump it/ charge it whatever so I can take take it for a spin
Is there anything I need to pay real attention to ? I've read about the sudden stops with the hydro on these, mostly in reverse.

I actually walked away from it at first, in person, oh boy it's rough. Looks good in the photo tho. Test ride Monday and maybe on the trailer

/ Thoughts on this bx2350 #7  
That tractor is definitely not a showpiece. Are you seeking a beauty contest winner or a work horse? Putting 1000 hours on a tractor over ten years is not bad, really. The asking price is just under half the new price. Something probably hit the hood and broke it. A replacement may be impossible to find. That said, how's the tractor otherwise? Leaks? Smoke? Starts easily? Tires? Loader operation? How's the air cleaner housing? If you can't handle the aesthetics now it will grate on you forever. If you want a good deal that may be it.

Bare tractor sold for around $9800. Add the loader, add the deck. I bet not many sold for under $12,000.

/ Thoughts on this bx2350 #8  
I’ve got $3500 in a B7200. I’d gladly trade $500 and get a trashed hood for power steering and a loader. It looks like a good deal to me.

ok my bad I put my readers on. It's $5K not $4k and tax @7%