Tiller Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter?

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #21  
<font color=black>I haven't seen many attachments in the least clashing and conflicting color: black.</font color=black>

I think that may be partially related to the visibility/saftey concern. Even so, I wish the HD FEL bucket on my JD 4310 were black to match the BH bucket. After it gets some use and loses it's gloss, I'll probably paint it black.

I probably fall into category 3 because I think stuff should look just so and it bothers me to see otherwise. I admit that the color doesn't make the tool work better or last longer, but given a choice between a good quality but ugly tool and a good quality and good looking tool - how many of us would choose the ugly one? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Sleepyhollow

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #22  
After I told my brother & his wife about my New Holland tractor purchase, the first question my sister-in-law asked, was what color did I choose. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

My tractor & NH attachments are blue, and my Woods attachments are kind of gold. If I buy a different brand/color attachment, I would have to weigh the cost of color matching versus the cost of a new can of touch-up paint. So I would put the value of color matching's somewhere around $3.49. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #23  
Hmmm, seems to be a concensus. I, too, would have a slight preference for all implements being the same color as the tractor, but wouldn't pay any more for that minor feature. Of course for me, color is the last and least (almost non-existent) consideration in almost anything I buy.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #24  
I can care less what color is hooked behind my tractor. However, I am not a compact tractor owner so I was not asked. Either way I can understand how some people would want everything to match. I just want it to work properly when I need it and if it is green, red, blue or yellow I don't care I will still buy it(just as long as it isn't pink)

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #25  
I would purchase for quality over color,but I like for my impliments to match,so I just paint it green for the looks to match my JD 4400.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter?
Guys its always about the money and one's opportunity cost to do something else. I posted to start some new subject matter. If TBN is dull then the advertising dollars are wasted. I have not seen any of you all not going to a sports venue because the paper cups had some advertisement on them. A healthy site makes all of us happy even if its for different reasons.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #27  
Works for me.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #28  
I think it sould be a law that implements are color matched to the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Could be that I have a personal agenda for that opinion though.

Seriously, I have had dealers tell me that it was a mistake to offer colors. The reason? This is a direct quote. "Because if you offer colors the customer will think they have a choice." I knew then I had to offer colors. The customer should have a choice. After all, it's his money.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #29  
Bravo to you, Jim! I do believe that color influences some buyers and I suspect that savvy stocking dealers would tend to have the color of the tractors they sell on hand for that very reason. I doubt that your cost to produce a limited rainbow is all that much higher in the long run...

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #30  
It is rather interesting to note that all of the dealers who said offering colors was a mistake have placed every order thus far requesting certain colors. It seems to me, if color didn't matter, they wouldn't care what color they got. In addition, those dealers always order their tractor brand colors, not the colors of other "Brand X" implements.

Because we set up our production from the start to be multiple color, there is virtually no added expense to providing multiple colors other than the capital expenses of additional powder hoppers and guns. However, if we produced product to inventory and used batch manufaturing as opposed to lean manufacturing, inventory costs would be staggering and each additional color would increase those costs.