Tiller Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter?

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #41  
Russ, I just had a idea!! I wonder if Case/IH or JD or MF or NH/Ford or Kubota or Kioti would consider offering color choices on the new tractors they sell to match a customers previously purchased attachments?--Ken Sweet

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #42  
I don' t know what you do or sell but when I ran into dealers that talked bad about another company I don't buy from them. The 3930's were nice tractors but crude. I know because I have operated them. Compare them to the TN's, the TN is twice the tractor the 3930 is. Not so much in power but in comfort and convience. The loader design is better, lever placement is better, access to the operators platform is better as is the 3pt setup on the TN's. Fiat is doing quite well with NH. In time they will have the whole CNH situation sorted out. I do not know market numbers but in my area NH and Deere are tops in Utility class. More Deere's then NH's in vineyards but not by much. NH is doing quite well in the utility market and I have yet to see more then 2 Kubota's in a field. I don't see the NH dealers switching to Kubota's, the MF dealer added Kubota and the Case-IH dealer had Kubota but only for their compacts since Case didn't have the DX series and not all Case dealers sell the DX yet. From your comments about NH I very much doubt I would ever purchase anything from you. That is one of the reasons I drive a NH and not a Deere. The Deere dealer talked bad about the 3930 and didn't tell me why his 5000 series was better but told me that the 3930 was no good. I have a TN now and he will never sell me anything. Sorry for being long winded but talk about the fine points of companies if you are trying to sell things but don't talk bad about them as it doesn't do you any good. Take care.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #43  
if 2 implements were exactly the same, price, specs, then choosing by color is ok, but to choose just for color? don't think so

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #44  
Wonder If'n I'll have to color match my coveralls and hair that aint no more to the tractor and impement. Maybe have to find a color coordinator. Sort of like an interior decorator but would only deal with exterior color combinations.

Egon

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #45  
Don't ya just hate when you have an afternoon of tractoring planned and you just can't find the right attachment that complements your fashion motif. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Blue, Green, Orange - were any of these colors meant to go together? Maybe blue & gold, green & yellow, orange & ...well, I'm not sure if anything goes with orange. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #46  
<font color=blue>I would suspect that the majority of folks shopping at a given retailer are owners of the tractor brand that is featured</font color=blue>

I can't say that applies to me, Jim. The nearest NH dealer from my house is at least 30 minutes... the nearest Kubota dealer is about 12 minutes. If and when the time comes to shop for implements I will go to the Kubota dealer first and check out what they have. If they have a brand and model that appeals to me I will buy from them and save myself the extra drive to the NH dealer.

Color co-ordination would be nice but I already have a blue tractor and a red rotory mower so adding other, different colors would not be a problem if other colors were what were immediately available.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #47  
Beauty is in the eye of beholder. [chosing miss world is then a meaningless effort? anyways]

Imagine we produced some items in ugly pink. I'm sure our products would be very popular.

Same here. I believe painting some items in Kubota color would have same affect as ugly pink would do. Point here is marketing strategy for customers who will recognize which products are yours from color. My 2 cents.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #48  
It just don't matter. It's not like a woman's under garments or anybody's socks. A orange tiller, a red rotary cutter, a yellow looking box blade and a blue tater plow all work fine and dandy on my 'Bota.
Green is the most important, but that's green back dollars. The best available at your price range is more important than the paint.
I'm no expert, well maybe I am, maybe just not at this topic.

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #49  
Color does matter to some people..I would buy quality over color...but I have painted some implements to match my John Deere and I had good results,you would have thought it was a John Deere name brand implement.I have bought pig poles/dirt scoops/carry all that were a maroon color and used John Deere paint and given it 2 coats and even put a few John Deere decals on it and it looks beautiful.Personally I like the uniform look,a little paint and time does not cost much.It is all in what the individual likes.Now if my equipment were all older and a little weathered/faded I might not be so particular in the looks. Just my 2 cents....

/ Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter? #50  
<font color=blue>It's not like a woman's under garments...</font color=blue>.

What a great idea! Anybody have the marketing skills to release a line of lingerie in John Deere green, Kubota orange, NH blue, etc.? Real nice stuff, like Victoria's Secret quality.

I think that's about as close as many of us will get to having our cake and eating it too!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

~Rick