Tiller Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line?

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #51  
I have to agree with several other posters on this thread. I have a 6' KK so branded several years ago at our local TSC. I may have a bit more for it than a bargain hunter. It appeared overbuilt to me with lots of closely spaced tines of heavy steal. Over several years of breaking my 1/4 acre garden, it has not disappointed. It tills about 2" on each pass and 3 passes makes a ready to use seed bed in my silt loam. My 40hp Boomer handles it easily.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #52  
The pto slip clutch that has the compression springs use a different type of assembly bolts. Looking at the bolts it would not appear to have room for springs. The ones that do not have the springs on the bolts use a bevel springs assembly like some tractor dual stage clutch assemblies. Adjusting the nuts on the bolts would cause the bevel springs to compress more.
The bolts are all just barely long enough for a full nut, so no room for springs. Perhaps it has internal spring like you said OR they used wrong bolts also. The PTO shaft came from China and had its own booklet with it (all Chinese )

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #53  
IMG_1625.jpgphoto of slip clutch assembly. Other than short bolts and no springs it looks like any other slip clutch to me. My owners manual shows the external springs, addresses how to tension the springs also. No mention of this type of clutch assembly. I guess I will have to see what KK has to say in regard to my inquiry. At this point I don't know if tightening the bolts here on this one puts more tension on the internal spring just like the external spring ones. I have no reference as to how to adjust it unless you do just like the external ones. I guess I will find out when I get a chance to use it.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #54  
Well I have no interest in a tiller down here, as we don't have much soil, but I did watch the video to see Ann. She is kinda cute!:thumbsup:

Careful James her old man don't get a jealous and put you in their next demo tiller video instead of the bricks ! :laughing: ;)

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #56  
View attachment 356788photo of slip clutch assembly. Other than short bolts and no springs it looks like any other slip clutch to me. My owners manual shows the external springs, addresses how to tension the springs also. No mention of this type of clutch assembly. I guess I will have to see what KK has to say in regard to my inquiry. At this point I don't know if tightening the bolts here on this one puts more tension on the internal spring just like the external spring ones. I have no reference as to how to adjust it unless you do just like the external ones. I guess I will find out when I get a chance to use it.

I don't see any bellvue washers (shaped like a saucer) in the picture. Do you see any Gary? Ken Sweet

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #57  
I don't see any bellvue washers (shaped like a saucer) in the picture. Do you see any Gary? Ken Sweet
I went back to Atwoods and talked to the salesperson &looked at a brochure. He said they have two types of PTO slip clutches. The yellow ones have the springs and the black one (the type I have) have internal tensioning. If you look at the photo, mine has an extra plate as seen on the left side in the photo that the spring type doesn't have. I think that must be the bellvue washer that applies the pressure. According to the sales guy, it is pre-tensioned and should not require any further adjustment. I hope to be able to try it out in a few more days. I need to hook up and measure the shaft length and adjust if necessary also.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #58  
By the way, all of the 5 foot ones that Atwoods had in stock had the yellow PTO shaft and of course it had springs. It does show the black one in one of the brochures and it does not have external spring on it. The sales man said that the put the new type on the 72" & 84" tillers.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #59  
Careful James her old man don't get a jealous and put you in their next demo tiller video instead of the bricks ! :laughing: ;)

That tiller would make short work of a fella wouldn't it?