Tiller Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line?

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #71  
Tines are pretty tough. Enlarging my garden along an old fence line I found this buried under ground. My slip clutch worked but a tad bit late. Cutting torch was not at home so I dug this out with an old electrical snips. Took about two hours. :(

Attachments

• image-2136925080.jpg
    image-2136925080.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 503
   / Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #72  
Tines are pretty tough. Enlarging my garden along an old fence line I found this buried under ground. My slip clutch worked but a tad bit late. Cutting torch was not at home so I dug this out with an old electrical snips. Took about two hours. :(

Wow what a mess! I've never had that happen. At least not that bad anyway. Got some wrapped in the bush hog one time but nothing like this.
I'd be keeping a close watch on the seals...

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #73  
If you want one that lasts get a Landpride, small company in Kansas that makes excellent products.
Price is competitive. Rotary Tillers | Land Pride

I quit using rotary tillers a long time ago, they're probably the worst piece of tillage equipment for causing soil compaction and destroying soil structure.
I use a spader in small areas and a chisel plow in larger.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #74  
I have had a Farm King (forward) and Land Pride (reverse) tiller. The reverse LP does a far superior job and is built heavier. However, you do need to have 4WD or you will not move. The reverse tiller tends to leave the soil surface with fine material and buries the lumps, rocks and sod on the bottom. The back flap can be adjusted for more tension to level the ground behind. I have had two LP finishing mowers, one side & one rear discharge. I have a LP Seeder, Tiller, Box Blade and mower. Have found these units very well built and have never had an issue with them at this point.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #75  
For all of you Ann Tarter admirers, tune in to Larry's Country Diner on RFD TV. Tarter is a sponsor and Ann is usually on the show.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #76  
My local TSC stated that the company sells both the KK and Tarter under their County Line brand, depending on what the distributors carry in the different areas of the country. The 6' that I purchased here in NorCal has a small KK sticker on it with the 800 number for replacement service manuals.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #77  
I've had a 5 foot Bush Hog for 19 years. Tilling GA clay. Replaced the tines a couple of times but that's it other than routine maintenance. I use it about 20 hours a season.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #78  
If you go to everything attachment they sell lots of equipment and they make most of there stuff in house.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #79  
I purchased a County Line tiller four years ago at our local Tractor Supply. I find it to be a very solid gear driven tiller. I till my own 50 x 50 garden and it does a good job even though it's bottom land and pretty gravelly. every year a few more stones come up and the tiller just throws them out.

/ Tillers; Why buy anything but County Line? #80  
Ok guys I have been wanting to get a larger tiller I have a 5' and it doesn't cove my tire tracks so I was thinking about this unit from Agri-Supply. Does anyone know anything about them? I really like the price and it's quick hitch compatible, and is gear drive but I am sure it is made in well you know where!

Rotary Tiller, Rototiller, Tillovator | Agri Supply, 77711, Gear Driven