Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #151  
Wow! What an incredible picture. I can't wait to see more.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder
Wow. I can't imagine the excitement of looking at that structure and knowing it will soon be your permanent home.

How did you stage that photo, with multiple vehicle headlights? Long exposure time? Great shot.

I used three sets of shop lights, front, corner, and side of the frame for lighting. For the camera I used a tripod and took 3 pictures in manual mode with a +- 2 for the exposure value. All three photos were combined into an HDR photo on mild settings to pull in some additional frame detail that would otherwise be lost in the shadows.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #154  
I have to admit that I was checking every couple of hours last night to see if you had posted yet and then first thing this morning. I knew that you had a fantastic project and had to say wow when I saw the frame this morning. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. Rick

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #155  
I used three sets of shop lights, front, corner, and side of the frame for lighting. For the camera I used a tripod and took 3 pictures in manual mode with a +- 2 for the exposure value. All three photos were combined into an HDR photo on mild settings to pull in some additional frame detail that would otherwise be lost in the shadows.

Cool looking photo. I feel like I am reading a photography forum.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #156  
W O W !

I did not even know about a timber frame home until this thread, and NOW.... W O W !

That looks AMAZING!

I am excited about this thread right now!

Be well,
David

Thanks for all the comments so far. I've got so many photos it was hard to narrow them down. I've got about 50 I've uploaded to flicker in the link below. I figured it would be easier to post that way. Flicker's website shows it will be down for maintanance tonight from 7pm until tomorrow morning so you may not be able to open the link later tonight until tomorrow.

Timberframe Raising

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #158  
somehow, the pics aren't showing up when I go over to flicker.

somehow, the pics aren't showing up when I go over to flicker.

Let's try this. I was trying not to blow up everyone's screens with a ton of photos but here they are.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #160  
there they are! how many timber framers were on site to put up the frame?