Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #1  

JDinVT

Bronze Member
Hello all,

It's been a LONG time since I posted on it. I am selling my 2011 2320 (which I think I have sold already for $15,750) which includes a 54D mower deck and a 200CX loader with a 4' Bucket. It has 376 hours, and I have taken really good care of it.

I started looking at the 2022 4044R, but wanted the turbo for a wee bit more power, so went to the 4052R. Biggest game changer is the lift capacity, and finally a cab to work in the winter in. I added a 7' snowplow and a 3rd function, and R4 tires, beacon, and rear wiper. My uncle has the same tractor (older) with a backhoe, so I MIGHT get power beyond to use his hoe if needed - but not sure. I also do not plan on the 4th and 5th function at this time.

HOWEVER...

I see this beast does not come with a mid pto anymore, and that will force me to run a rear finish mower around my lawn...and the tractor is a bit bigger and a bit (lots) heavier than the old 2320 and that worried me in regards to soil compaction and maneuverability. So now here I am wondering if the 3039R would be better for me...BUT...I need to lift some heavy stuff from time to time (logs, hay, horses...) so I am looking for the lift capacity. Both tractors are close in price. However, the mid-mount mower is MUCH more than a rear finish on the used market.

I plan to continue to use my rotary cutter in the fields, pallet forks, landscape rake, pto chipper, etc...

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R
Probably in total - finish mowing is 2+\- acres. I have some very hilly terrain on a section the 2320 dominated with the 4wd.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #5  
If it were me, I would be all over the 4052R.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #6  
R4’s are relatively easy on your lawn. Keep the bigger tractor.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #7  
I know that 'we' are spending your money; I would go with the 4052R (R4 tyres) as it will do all of the big jobs that you require a tractor to do. I would further 'package' the deal with a Z-Turn to handle the mowing around the 'house/buildings' as it will be easier on the lawn/ground due to its reduced weight/imprint.

If you do go with a Z-Turn, or dedicated lawn tractor, ensure that the unit includes a 'towing package'. That's standard on a lawn tractor but an addition to a Z-Turn.

MHO.

Thanks everyone. I’ll likely move ahead with the 4052R. I have a pretty good deal negotiated, and I asked they toss in power beyond with the 4th and 5th function on top of the 3rd function and the 7’ snow blade and loader with bucket.

They are loading the tires, so it will be a bit heavy, but agree the R4s are not too bad on lawns if you’re mindful. 😎

Maybe if they said they can’t do the deal with the 4th and 5th I’ll have them toss in a zero-turn. Lol

Edited for typo

Last edited:
She's at the dealer, and just had the tires loaded. Waiting on the loader, snow blade, lights, mirrors, etc. I am pretty excited - and a little nervous. This thing is so much larger than my old 2320 which, I just delivered to it's new home. I am going to miss that old 2320 - we got a TON done!

tractor.jpg

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #10  
Once you get it home and start using it the largeness will go away. You are going to be one happy camper!!!