Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #31  
Yes, that auto rpm regulated by the foot throttle is a very nice feature. My MIL's tractor (MF 1750M - about the size of your tractor) has that and it will spoil you. That tractor you have will spoil you quickly.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #32  
Also, I'm sure you know this or read this in your manual, it is really important to let the turbo charged engines cool down and warm up. Manual will tell you the cool down and warm up time. The MF is at least 2 minute cool down I usually go 3 or 4 min. and warm up depends on outside temp.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #33  
4052R has great environmental controls!!! Great heat in the winter (I'm in central Vermont, so you know what's it's like) and great AC in the warmer weather.
You're gonna love it!!
I like the 2 steps into the cab...mine has only one step (mine is a 2015 model bought used). Might have to ask the dealer about that.
I have the H180 loader with mechanical self-leveling. Never figured I'd use the self-leveling, but it comes in real handy when I'm using the pallet forks
If you don't have a block heater, I suggest you get one. The Yanmar engines are pretty good in the colder weather, but the block heater makes it much easier. An hour or two is all you need...

Where abouts in Vermont are you?
I like it too. My 3039r step is 19" high.
I hope to get to town this week to see what the dealer can come up with.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #34  
I like it too. My 3039r step is 19" high.
I hope to get to town this week to see what the dealer can come up with.
I did call my dealer...and, the 2 step is available

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R
Also, I'm sure you know this or read this in your manual, it is really important to let the turbo charged engines cool down and warm up. Manual will tell you the cool down and warm up time. The MF is at least 2 minute cool down I usually go 3 or 4 min. and warm up depends on outside temp.
Thank you for the heads-up. I didn't see that in the manual yet. The dealer didn't mention it either. I tend to do a warm-up all the time, but the cool down I have not been used to. Good post - thank you.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #37  
Thank you for the heads-up. I didn't see that in the manual yet. The dealer didn't mention it either. I tend to do a warm-up all the time, but the cool down I have not been used to. Good post - thank you.
Depends on how hot the engine gets...my chores (except for PTO use) rarely need more the 1500 RPM.
However, it is a good idea to let it fast idle (1500 RPM) for a couple minutes after first startup of the day
BTW, I also never idle my tractor at 1000 RPM. Once the oil pressure is up, the RPM is increased to 1500 RPM. Extended low RPM idling tends to produce more soot, and more frequent regens.
That's my experience...

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R
Depends on how hot the engine gets...my chores (except for PTO use) rarely need more the 1500 RPM.
However, it is a good idea to let it fast idle (1500 RPM) for a couple minutes after first startup of the day
BTW, I also never idle my tractor at 1000 RPM. Once the oil pressure is up, the RPM is increased to 1500 RPM. Extended low RPM idling tends to produce more soot, and more frequent regens.
That's my experience...
Thank you for the information. That’s really helpful. I’ve been so busy I have not had a chance to even use it! Now being deer season, I probably will not do too much until winter.

We have a bunch of work to do on the new arena. I’m excited to get that going, but I need to have a mini to put in some drainage first. Hope to have that sorted soon.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #39  
Wow, nice Deere for sure. Always had a soft spot for the cabbed 3 - 4 series.

/ Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R #40  
That's my experience...
This is true, if you're just putting around the yard/farm at lowish RPMs the cool down isn't as important as if you are bushhogging, tilling and really working it.

I've started to work my tractor at higher RPMs for the reason you state regarding low RPMs for a long period of time isn't good on it either. I usually work at about 1600 to 1800 RPMs unless I'm doing serious loader work, tilling or Bushogging then I run higher RPMs