Tipping butt pucker!!

/ Tipping butt pucker!!
DutchHenryBrown, I apologize for hijacking your thread. it was not my intent.

AaronS no I did not think that at all no problem. :thumbsup: Just after seeing your tip I felt funny my tip was nothing compared to that.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #33  
Three types of tractor owners, those who never felt the tip, those who have, and those who couldn't stop it.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #34  
10254048_10152330277994573_7881556515566072885_n.jpg

Thought I might revive an old thread. This was one of those wife told me not to so I had to things. I was cutting down a bank beside the driveway so it could be landscaped instead of using blocks or RR ties when my box blade snagged and ......

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #35  
Well since this thread has been revived, I will add my tip over to it.

This happened 8-9-2006. Was using the forks to knock the dirt off of the root ball on a willow tree that the dozer dozed at the edge of the pond. Backed up, but it didn't turn uphill, because the right front tire was almost flat (slow leak). The right front dropped into a hole, and the Toro went over, I fell off of the seat onto the side panel. The engine was still running, I had to raise up and reach under my butt to turn off the key. I was right at the edge of the water, the loader tower was in the water. :eek:

Front view

P8092310.JPG

Bottom view

P8092307.JPG

Back view

P8092309.JPG

I got my tractor, put a chain on the left loader arm, backed up and pulled it upright.

This is the root ball that I was knocking dirt off with the tips of the forks

P8092313.JPG

Notice the 100 pound block of steel at the lower right, that fell off of the brush guard.

P8092314.JPG

I left it chained to the tractor, got on, crossed my fingers, it started and I backed up the hill.
The loader wasn't up very high and the hole wasn't very deep, but it sure went over fast.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #36  
Woza Faxman, I'm glad you are OK. That event had to be terrifying but you add the water into the equation and it makes it even worse. I couldnt imagine being pinned under a machine under water. AHHHH!

I did a stupid UH-OH this weekend. It wasnt a roll over but while adjusting the top link for my box blade, I wasnt paying attention and unscrewed it to the point where it ran out of threads and BAM, loud noise and the BB came down real quick. The tooth ended up stabbing me behind the knee and it left a good mark and some minor bleeding. But, it couldve been a lot worse. I bet I will be watching that top link closer from now on. At least for now until my hydraulic top link comes in next week.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #37  
Woza Faxman, I'm glad you are OK. That event had to be terrifying but you add the water into the equation and it makes it even worse. I couldnt imagine being pinned under a machine under water. AHHHH!

I did a stupid UH-OH this weekend. It wasnt a roll over but while adjusting the top link for my box blade, I wasnt paying attention and unscrewed it to the point where it ran out of threads and BAM, loud noise and the BB came down real quick. The tooth ended up stabbing me behind the knee and it left a good mark and some minor bleeding. But, it couldve been a lot worse. I bet I will be watching that top link closer from now on. At least for now until my hydraulic top link comes in next week.

Good to hear it wasn't any worse! Reminds me of when I'm using the counterweight on my tractor - I'm very careful to make sure my feet are no where near being potentially underneath it! Last thing I want is 800lb's sitting on my foot and me not able to reach the lever to get it off!!!

E.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #38  
Never gone over but a couple times I teetered right on the knife edge. Once I acted and the situation became safe - another time I was simply frozen with fear and the good Lord is all that saved me. I hope I've learned safer operating techniques. Never have come close on the new Kubota - all my "learning experiences" were with my previous unit - Ford 1700.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #39  
Good to hear it wasn't any worse! Reminds me of when I'm using the counterweight on my tractor - I'm very careful to make sure my feet are no where near being potentially underneath it! Last thing I want is 800lb's sitting on my foot and me not able to reach the lever to get it off!!!

E.

Thanks Everhard. I hear ya and that was a big wake-up call for me. I'd kinda like to keep my feet for at least a few more years! I thought the same thing after my encounter with the box blade. I will be standing differently any time I'm adjusting the blade. This incident makes me feel much better about spending the money for my soon-to-be hydraulic top link. But I will be paying more attention any time I'm adjusting anything on the tractor. Chit can happen real quick.

/ Tipping butt pucker!! #40  

E.

Fully unloaded - Take the top link off. Unscrew the ends. Paint the last three or four threads with dyechem marking fluid or blue the ends or have the last four threads anodized. Now you have a safety marker.