To CAB or NOT

/ To CAB or NOT #142  
I have no idea why this subject always devolves into a urination contest, yet it always seems to.
There's no mystery here. Confirmation bias, ego and insecurity explain it all. Some people need to get validation from others that they made the right and best decision. When someone does what they do, or buys what they buy, in their minds it confirms that they were right all along and that they're a leader and not a follower, and that they make good decisions. The insecurity issue comes up when someone buys something other than what was recommended, or questions the recommendation, since that opens the door to the possibility that the one doing the recommending didn't make the best decision.

This happens all the time on forums such as these, and essentially it's all about ego. These days everyone is either right or wrong on every issue, there's no room for nuance anymore.

/ To CAB or NOT #143  
Yes. I will have two tractors now. Less implement changing. (y)
I went the two tractor route a few years ago and there are many advantages, with cost being the only real downside. Congratulations and looking forward to hearing and seeing what you chose.

/ To CAB or NOT #144  
I remember making my decision.... I asked the salesman how much that frameless, curved and drilled glass door costs to replace!!!
This knowing that I'd primarily be working in the woods, the decision was easy.
As you get older, you start realizing things (truths) about yourself, my conclusion was that being a "tight wad", I'd probably not replace the $700 piece of glass, at least for a few years. 😅

/ To CAB or NOT #145  
I have 6 machines and only has a cab, one has rops/fops, the others just a roll bar. I spend a lot more time open than enclosed. One of my employees runs the cabbed machine and I’m in the elements lol.

I my experience anything in the woods that’s going to break a window(except leaving the door partial open to catch on something, I think the #1 breaker of doors/glass) is also going to be harmful to you.

/ To CAB or NOT #146  
I remember making my decision.... I asked the salesman how much that frameless, curved and drilled glass door costs to replace!!!
This knowing that I'd primarily be working in the woods, the decision was easy.
As you get older, you start realizing things (truths) about yourself, my conclusion was that being a "tight wad", I'd probably not replace the $700 piece of glass, at least for a few years. 😅

When a random T-post jumped out in front of my 5055 last year, I ended up ordering a replacement door from Amazon. The fit could be slightly better, but it was about half the price of JD at the time. I spent the time plucking the bits of glass out of the old seal amd reused it. But I did waste some time getting it to fit the best I could.

/ To CAB or NOT #147  
When I was a kid, one of our neighbors was retired and had a couple of four-plexes and a house to maintain. In the winter, he had an old riding mower with a snowblower attachment. He found a canvas cab setup for it to keep out of the wind. But the guy was about 6' 5" and it looked a bit cramped. 😆

/ To CAB or NOT #149  
If I didn't want to change attachments I would need 4 tractors
bummer

willy

/ To CAB or NOT
Are the AC units in the Cabs good and last? Will they last 10 years and longer? Does anyone have a 10 year old Cab with ice cold AC still pumping out?