To CAB or NOT

/ To CAB or NOT #151  
Are the AC units in the Cabs good and last? Will they last 10 years and longer? Does anyone have a 10 year old Cab with ice cold AC still pumping out?
There are some much older than 10 years old that work. Mainly because there is not anything associated with the Climate control system that can‘t be fixed. It is no different than any other component on a tractor or any other vehicle. The problem is often times people decide not to fix something and complain about it being broke. This is because the tractor still will run without the system working.

Now, because of the environment a tractor operates in, yes it may require more maintenance. Things like keeping the condenser clean and cleaning filters. But really not that big of a deal.

/ To CAB or NOT #152  
Now, because of the environment a tractor operates in, yes it may require more maintenance. Things like keeping the condenser clean and cleaning filters. But really not that big of a deal.
Cleaning the cab glass can be a pain. Not a problem on an OS model. :rolleyes:

/ To CAB or NOT #153  
Mine is 11 yrs old and the AC still works great. Now I don't have tons of hours on it maybe 400-500ish and I do blow out the radiators regularly, esp when used in dusty summer conditions. But this isn't Texas either... The heat is a lot more important to me (and also still works great).

/ To CAB or NOT #154  
YUP! The OS station tractors sure can protect you from
sketters, nats, flies, wasps, bee's, dust. snow blowing in your
face when it's below zero. did I miss something?

willy

/ To CAB or NOT #155  
As other posters above stated...like anything else, the ac needed to be maintained. Takes extra time but to me well worth it when I'm out there mowing for hours on end to have a good working ac unit. Because I'm in desert dust, every evening when I finish up everything gets cleaned. Haven't made 10 years yet - my Kubota is a 2016 with 600+ hours- but so far no problems with the ac (or anything else!).

/ To CAB or NOT #156  
Are the AC units in the Cabs good and last? Will they last 10 years and longer? Does anyone have a 10 year old Cab with ice cold AC still pumping out?

My AC had been problem free over the past 8 years and 900 hours.

/ To CAB or NOT #157  

Lots of vehicles are 20 years old and still have working ac. Equipment ac does tend to require some maintenance due to the dusty environment they work in. My dozer is a 2007 with 6,000 hours and the ac works.

/ To CAB or NOT
Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2860M Massey Ferguson Deluxe CAB w/air-ride seat!!!! I road it around at the dealer in the cold and rain today. I was checking out a bigger OOS tractor they had in the rain as well. The bigger tractor was nice but every time I got back in that cab I was smiling. Nice and warm. I got a nice back blade, 3rd remote, top&tilt and 7ft back blade to go with it. Should have it delivered next week once they get everything together. I am going to do another post about my buying/looking experience once I get it home. Thanks for all the input. It was a TOUGH decision with years of research. Here are a few pics of it at the dealer:

KIMG1118.jpeg
KIMG1119.jpeg
KIMG1120.jpeg

/ To CAB or NOT #159  
Once you said you were keeping the OS tractor, I knew the new one was gonna be a cab. You will love it!