TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,141  
10 hours on a yanmar 55 cleaning up the mess I left with the Komatsu, then 3 hours moving dirt I dug up with the yanmar. Need to get back out as it's raining and I'm gonna need a snorkel:laughing:

Mossflowerwoods I open my grapple and put it face down this way it cant tip over. I can also move it around somewhat on a concrete cloor. Hook up the bottom pins first. I use wood blocks on the cylinders to keep them from hitting the grapple and moving it. Or a live assistant works best. Happy Grappling

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 180
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,142  
Mossflowerwoods I open my grapple and put it face down this way it cant tip over. I can also move it around somewhat on a concrete cloor. Hook up the bottom pins first. I use wood blocks on the cylinders to keep them from hitting the grapple and moving it. Or a live assistant works best. Happy Grappling

Combustix,

The dealer dropped the grapple in my yard. He left it open about 18" and standing.

Not sure I follow the hook the bottom pins first. Kioti uses the Bobtach SSQA. I have a single lever to lock/unlock. First I hook up the hydraulics, then I hook the top of the FEL SSQA bracket into the angled top on the grapple and lift. Then the bottom pin snaps into place, then I just lock it down. Next time I will open it wider before I drop it off, but I will always be setting it in dirt for as long as I can see into the future.

Was it a hoot getting seat time in the Komatsu?:thumbsup:

Happy Grappling!

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,143  
Cutting some firewood.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110922_195100.png
    ForumRunner_20110922_195100.png
    820.2 KB · Views: 220
  • ForumRunner_20110922_195114.png
    ForumRunner_20110922_195114.png
    781.1 KB · Views: 198
  • ForumRunner_20110922_195126.png
    ForumRunner_20110922_195126.png
    919.4 KB · Views: 258
  • ForumRunner_20110922_195142.png
    ForumRunner_20110922_195142.png
    868.7 KB · Views: 227
  • ForumRunner_20110922_195201.png
    ForumRunner_20110922_195201.png
    844.6 KB · Views: 224
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,144  
That's funny...I did firewood today too! :thumbsup:

ac

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 232
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,146  
That's funny...I did firewood today too! :thumbsup:

ac

Those are some nice neat cubes of wood you have there :thumbsup:
Firewood is a way of life.

Attachments

• LoadingTruck2.JPG
    LoadingTruck2.JPG
    853.4 KB · Views: 258
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,147  
Gordon Gould said:

Great picture.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,148  

LOVE the cubes. 4 free pallets + ~16 framing nails from the nail gun. For well less than $1 I have an awesome way to store and transport 1/4 cords.

I go straight from the splitter into the cubes. Then the cubes go out for seasoning. When burn time rolls around I grab them and bring them right to the rear door where we burn straight from them. Definitely the best way I have found to deal with the wood.

ac

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,149  
MossflowerWoods said:
Combustix,

The dealer dropped the grapple in my yard. He left it open about 18" and standing.

Not sure I follow the hook the bottom pins first. Kioti uses the Bobtach SSQA. I have a single lever to lock/unlock. First I hook up the hydraulics, then I hook the top of the FEL SSQA bracket into the angled top on the grapple and lift. Then the bottom pin snaps into place, then I just lock it down. Next time I will open it wider before I drop it off, but I will always be setting it in dirt for as long as I can see into the future.

Was it a hoot getting seat time in the Komatsu?:thumbsup:

Happy Grappling!

David

I'm jealous sounds like you got a quick attach. I have to remove the bucket then try and line up four pin holes from the seat.
Yea the Komatsu was great what a beast. Even the little yanmar 55 I got this week to clean up after the other one was fun amazing what you can do with one of those. And my last two days seat time 4 hours 2 moving the mound of dirt in the pouring rain and mud. 1 today raking and back blading and 1 cleaning the mud off the machine

Attachments

• image-3710363730.png
    image-3710363730.png
    996.3 KB · Views: 159
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,150  
I'm jealous sounds like you got a quick attach. I have to remove the bucket then try and line up four pin holes from the seat.
Yea the Komatsu was great what a beast. Even the little yanmar 55 I got this week to clean up after the other one was fun amazing what you can do with one of those. And my last two days seat time 4 hours 2 moving the mound of dirt in the pouring rain and mud. 1 today raking and back blading and 1 cleaning the mud off the machine

Combustix,

Yes sir, the quick attach is SWEET! But there is still a learning curve for me...

If I knew what I was doing I'd love to rent a big excavator to pop all my stumps, then a CAT D9 to level the dirt all back out...

But then I wake up and remember I'm just a computer geek with earthmover fantasies...:D

I will be HAPPY if I can successfully scrape and scoop and grapple enough of the slash to make pasture and maybe get some good firewood.

No seat time today. must have gotten 2-3" rain. My toadstools are molding it is so wet. I could see standing water in every flat grassy spot right up till dark.

David