TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #801  
Got out today and regraded the path into "the jungle". Man...I wish I had a box blade...:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #802  
Spent 2 hours snowblowing more of the bankings back. almost 8 hours of snowbowing in 2 days!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #803  
Yesterday I hauled my Kubota to the sportsman's club to help them put in drain tile to keep the pistol range from being under water (it was 18" deep a few days ago). I played keep away from the back hoe while he was digging, either filling in dirt on one side, gravel on the other side, or scraping the old gravel up.

Here's a pic I took from the top of the berm.

198957_148032818592976_100001587760783_293087_2210973_n.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #804  
5 hours today with the wife and I pulling out trees, both large and small (brush) to one 6 inch 30 ft. tall one. (had to dig some with the bucket on its roots) just used log chains and the drawbar mostly. The L3400HST (whenb properly ballasted) never fails to impress me with its ability. The wife operated the tractor some, when she wore out as the "ground man" . She enjoys operating this machine, and would rarely operate our previous Kubota Gear tractor. We had a lot of fun today, cleared some land, and wore ourselves to a frazzle.

James K0UA & Linda KA0NXI

That is what I have been doing with my spare time, although I'm taking out bigger trees than what you described. I got the area I want cleared and just have been working on grading it. You aren't kidding about wearing yourselves out. Its fun but hard work as well.

allclear.jpg

trees6.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #805  
It can sure happen fast, hope you weren't injured.

Just the window and the metal around it. Easy to fix. Sometimes I wish I had bought a used backhoe to do all the clearing work that has scratched and dinged up my tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #806  
AJE .. cool car ... i build police vehicles for a living,... Thanks for your service.. Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00360.JPG
    DSC00360.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 205
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #807  
Yesterday I hauled my Kubota to the sportsman's club to help them put in drain tile to keep the pistol range from being under water (it was 18" deep a few days ago). I played keep away from the back hoe while he was digging, either filling in dirt on one side, gravel on the other side, or scraping the old gravel up.

I would be interested in seeing more pictures, my sons and I are contouring our range to allow run-off, we will have berms on three sides. My son is ex-military and was a Police Officer for several years and now does training for civilian, Military and Law Enforcement. The company with which he works recently did a Patrol Rifle Course free to local LEO's. I am retired State Parole and appreciate your service.

Just the window and the metal around it. Easy to fix. Sometimes I wish I had bought a used backhoe to do all the clearing work that has scratched and dinged up my tractor.

I know what you mean, we have an old 86 Massey Ferguson open station we now use, but used an old Case backhoe for several years and it was a tank. We still own it, but it needs work. They sure save on glass and dents on our other tractors.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
You must be in Ohio .

cruiseranim.gif

This is a county sheriffs cruser from one of Ohios 88 counties.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/lb59/?action=view&current=100_2582.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #810  
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper"

How, cool, a "cooperism". I sure miss him, I used to go to his column in G&A as soon as it arrived. RIP Jeff.

James K0UA