Tool Boxes on Fenders

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #1  

Mark Davies

Tractor
Kioti Ck2610
I want to add about 20 inch long by 10 x 10 tool boxes to the top of both fenders on my Kioti 2610. They would be mounted to the fender and also the ROP.
No-one seems to do this, It seems like a good spot, Am I missing something?

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #3  
When I need a tool, pin, or something stashed in a toolbox, I'm usually standing on the ground, not sitting in the tractor seat. So, I prefer the toolbox to be waist high when standing on the ground. This allows smaller helpers to access it too (got get me the can of bug spray). My fenders are too high off the ground for your suggestion to work for me. I also tend to use the hand grips on the fenders when riding in the seat. A toolbox on the fender would complicate this.

I mounted mine into the FEL mounting frame. Easy to access, ammunition can, doesn't interfere with anything else or get caught on hoses, clothing or trees and shrubs. I keep separate toolboxes on the hay equipment. Each one contains a set of tools and parts according to what's needed to service that machine.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders
thanks for the feedback, looks like your tractor fenders are about 10 - 12 inches higher than mine. I could still use my handgrips for getting on off, Some people with a Kioti CK mount the toolbox behind the gas tank and over the 3 point, Seems like the fenders are so much better, I think I must be missing something

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #5  
When I need a tool, pin, or something stashed in a toolbox, I'm usually standing on the ground, not sitting in the tractor seat. So, I prefer the toolbox to be waist high when standing on the ground. ... I also tend to use the hand grips on the fenders when riding in the seat. A toolbox on the fender would complicate this.
Agree.

I carry those items in a toolbox attached to the qhitch. photo. I should weld on a platform there for a better box. This strange plastic box is made with rods sticking out from its bottom, which I lashed to the qhitch. I didn't expect this to last long but its been on there a few years now. When I find the right size box to fit on a shelf, I'll build the shelf for it.

And here's a solution I added just last week. photo. A HF 'magnetic tool bar' cut down and welded on. Its ideal to hold clips and clevises while attaching an implement.

I also have small kids backpacks (maybe camera bags?) hanging off each side of the cowl, for gloves, pruners, flagging tape, lightweight stuff.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #6  
You could fashion something similar like what I did to my Branson..

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #7  
I tend to fill a toolbox. It gets heavy. I'd never consider mounting it to my fenders. I like them too much.

Toolbox mounts are almost always home made. At a minimum, home modified. Without the skills/equipment to do so you will be limited.

Post pics of yours when you get it mounted.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #8  
I agree. You always need the tools or whatever when standing on the ground. I have seen some really ugly places people put boxes, but they are probably quite practical. You would think it would kill manufacturers to put a few compartments on a tractor.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #9  
I agree. You always need the tools or whatever when standing on the ground. I have seen some really ugly places people put boxes, but they are probably quite practical. You would think it would kill manufacturers to put a few compartments on a tractor.

I've saw where manufacturers put toolboxes. Rarely handy.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #10  
Places to put sunglasses, a thermos, medicine if you need it or a camera, has always been a challenge on a tractor. Often stuff getting dirty, broken or falling off.