Tool Boxes on Fenders

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #21  
Welcome to TBN! :welcome: Mounting them on the fender would work, however I might be concerned about the weight (depending what you place in them) coupled with the vibration.
The factory box on mine was way to small. I opted for a rear mount which holds everything I need and is easily accessible when on the ground, which has always been the case for me.

toolbox.jpg

Another handy add-on was a couple magnetic hooks placed on the rear of the ROPS. I use them for pins and washers when hooking or unhooking implements.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #22  
That's a good point, about needing tools when on the ground rather than when in the seat. But I've been thinking of putting a small box on the right fender, which has nice flat spots with holes for a handle, but no handle (the holes are plugged). What I want in it are a pair of pruning clippers, for those leafy little branches that want to thwock me in the face. And maybe a pair of gloves.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #23  
Here is my 16x6x5 tool box on a 1705 behind the seat.
FC2E6109-DD5D-4239-9820-2D0615812B92.jpeg

Jim.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #24  
"behind the seat". Probably a whole lot better than my fender location. It shouldn't rattle & shake back there.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #25  
Ammo boxes work great, are relatively cheap and are waterproof. I mounted mine on the loader tower as it already had two threaded holes available.

You might want to rethink mounting on the fender because your toolbox tends to get heavy full of metal bits and you end up with a large cantilevered and vibrating load on a thin sheet metal and/or plastic fender. Expect fatigue cracks.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #26  
I ziptied tool pouch to mine and its worked great. I posted this sometime ago and a lot of people were asking how many times I have lost a tool. Its been on for over a year and I haven't had one tool come out of the pouch. It looks nice and the tools are easily accessible. I also park my tractor inside so it doest get weathered.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #27  
Not a direct answer to 'toolbox' but here's where I carry chain and a long handle pruner: a kid size golf bag. I have another golf bag lashed vertical on the ROPS to carry the shovel and hoe I need for maintaining little watering ponds around new orchard trees.

230306d1316485483-chain-storage-ideas-wanted-p1030633rgolfbagtoolcarrier-front-jpg

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #28  
Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I've owned several tractors over the last 35 years or so. I'm currently the owner of a Mitsubishi D2050, a pretty small tractor with limited options for locating a a tool box. I decided an ammo box would be just big enough for the biggest crescent wrench I would need for routine adjustments, along with a variety of other tools and junk that should be on the tractor.

I chose the ROPS mounting pad for the location.

IMG_0152.JPG

I was careful to make sure it wouldn't bang me or obstruct my vision to the rear.

IMG_0153.JPG

I carefully transferred the location of the two main ROPS bolts to the tool box, and added a 1/4" bolt straight down through the mounting pad. I used some spacer washers between the tool box and ROPS to clear the weld at the bottom corner. I also used hose washers against the tool box at each bolt location, along with some bicycle inner tube between the toolbox and pad.

I use since the installation, everything seems rock solid. We'll see how it holds up this fall during road maintenance.

As a new member here, I need to thank all who have posted so much useful information.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #29  
That looks great!! Solid. Vibration free. All weather storage. Nice work and attention to detail!!!

Welcome to TBN.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #30  
I wanted a small tool box above the fender also, but I used a piece of fiberglass angle attached to the ROPS to extend over the fender and support the tool box. Kind of ironic, but I used wingnuts on the inside of the box so I could quickly remove it without tools if needed, lol. The box has small compartments on the lid which is great for storing pins and small items, which are handy to have extras at the jobsite. I got the angle from my workplace, $6 toolbox, U bolt and a couple 1/4-20 bolts. All in all about $10.
IMG_20180217_150802105.jpg

IMG_20180217_150829811.jpg

IMG_20180217_221141829.jpg

IMG_20180217_221739318.jpg

IMG_20180217_221810828.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_221747901.jpg
    IMG_20180217_221747901.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115