Tool Boxes on Fenders

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #11  
I need to figure out a spot on the 1705 Massey, probably behind the seat, I like the new Massey’s 17 series and how it has the small toolbox on the right fender with a power outlet, nice little bonus.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #12  
Last year I had trouble hanging on to my truck keys and phone. Needed a secure, dry, clean place to keep some things on my tractor. So I mounted a small knock off pelican case on the right side fender. Works great to store small clean stuff. I upgraded my tool box in the back to hold a few more pins, hammer, adjustable wrench, pliers and screw drivers.

A power outlet in the box would be a great mod.

Attachments

• Power rake2.jpg
    Power rake2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
   / Tool Boxes on Fenders #13  
I put a small tool box on the steel fender of my first tractor. Remove the grab handle - drill holes in the bottom of the tool box - bolt it down tight. It worked great EXCEPT. At a very specific speed, the fender and tool box set up a really horrid rattle/shake. Finally removed the toolbox - reinstalled the grab handle.

Now I put what few tools I might need in those plastic tube Owners Manual holders that come on new implements.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #14  
I put a small tool box on the steel fender of my first tractor. Remove the grab handle - drill holes in the bottom of the tool box - bolt it down tight. It worked great EXCEPT. At a very specific speed, the fender and tool box set up a really horrid rattle/shake. Finally removed the toolbox - reinstalled the grab handle.

Now I put what few tools I might need in those plastic tube Owners Manual holders that come on new implements.

So it didn't quite work great huh? :)

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #15  
No - it wasn't so really great. But is sure looked nice and held quite a few tool and bits & pieces. I just got tired of grabbing the tool box handle and pulling to stop the rattle & shake.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #16  
No - it wasn't so really great. But is sure looked nice and held quite a few tool and bits & pieces. I just got tired of grabbing the tool box handle and pulling to stop the rattle & shake.

Rubber washers on mounting bolts, rubber mat in toolbox, maybe foam dividers, etc... might help.

our car will rattle a pop bottle in the cup holder between 55-62mph. :laughing:

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #17  
Sometimes my entire dash takes to vibrating at Idle with my Duramax (from New) but it's a rare occurance and probably a temperature sensitive issue for the dash to be at just the right resonance.

A few Diesels I have are terrible for everything vibrating at factory set idle, but are OK just sped up a bit.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #18  
Rubber washers on mounting bolts, rubber mat in toolbox, maybe foam dividers, etc... might help.

our car will rattle a pop bottle in the cup holder between 55-62mph. :laughing:

His problem was frequency vibration. Wouldn't matter how it was mounted. The toolbox wasn't vibrating. The fender was. Eventually it would have stress cracked the metal fender until it fell off.

/ Tool Boxes on Fenders #19  
Two factory tool boxes on tractors I've had were really disappointing (small and cheap). Lids broke off early in the game. For the last two tractors I've been using small tool bags tossed behind the seat. There's a separate small bag with snowblower essentials, chain links, bolts with Nylock nuts for shear bolts and the right size wrenches.

The property is only 3-1/2 acres so it wouldn't be a long trek if there was a need for something that isn't in the bag. While it would be nice to have all my tools at my fingertips, there's not much interest in having my tractor decked out like a Spike Jones musical instrument:)