Top link extension on the tractor.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #51  
I think for most tractors where this section is over engineered not an issue. Installing a 3pt backhoe or a tractor with a weak top section it might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Easier and safer to install or modify a longer top link.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #52  
Why didn’t you get a TRUE top link cylinder with locking valves that is designed to hold position?

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #53  
Why didn’t you get a TRUE top link cylinder with locking valves that is designed to hold position?

As for me, I built mine. I was unsure of the need for locking valves. I've thought about adding a valve. But it's not critical enough for me to do so. My 3pt cylinders are never removed since I use QH. They are used in some manner every time I use the tractor.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #54  
As for me, I built mine. I was unsure of the need for locking valves. I've thought about adding a valve. But it's not critical enough for me to do so. My 3pt cylinders are never removed since I use QH. They are used in some manner every time I use the tractor.

It’s a pretty standard hydraulic top link cylinder. The valves are built in and are specifically made for top links. I haven’t looked but I’d think they were of proper lengths already.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #55  
It’s a pretty standard hydraulic top link cylinder. The valves are built in and are specifically made for top links. I haven’t looked but I’d think they were of proper lengths already.

Actually they are a common cylinder with Dual Pilot Control Valves attached. They use 90 degree elbows and hard lines to the valve body. Then the tractor hoses are attached to the valve body as well. Pretty simple addition. Can't remember exact cost? Maybe $150?

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #56  
Those are specially good for those tractors where the remote valves leak internally a decent amount.

Also, that locking valve will pretty much disable the float function. I know that's important for some tractor owners.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #57  
Those are specially good for those tractors where the remote valves leak internally a decent amount.

Also, that locking valve will pretty much disable the float function. I know that's important for some tractor owners.
A.K.A. the horrible leaky mess that is OEM valves on 60 series Grands. They all leak internally pretty badly. I've been through a pile under warranty & finally given up on getting non-leaky ones. Think I'm 1 for 7 on getting the 3 remotes to not leak down pretty quickly.

I'll probably go with a DPOV valve or needle valve on the side link to not extend all the way in under an hour. Toplink takes a day or so to extend & isn't to bad.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #58  
A.K.A. the horrible leaky mess that is OEM valves on 60 series Grands. They all leak internally pretty badly. I've been through a pile under warranty & finally given up on getting non-leaky ones. Think I'm 1 for 7 on getting the 3 remotes to not leak down pretty quickly.

I'll probably go with a DPOV valve or needle valve on the side link to not extend all the way in under an hour. Toplink takes a day or so to extend & isn't to bad.

Yeah I've noticed several threads complaining about those valves. Not sure where Kubota gets their valves but they all seem to leak internally like crazy.

On my tractor, with a very used cylinder for the top link, it drop maybe 1/2" over 4 or 5 hours and most of that comes from bad seals on the cylinder.

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #59  
Yeah I've noticed several threads complaining about those valves. Not sure where Kubota gets their valves but they all seem to leak internally like crazy.

On my tractor, with a very used cylinder for the top link, it drop maybe 1/2" over 4 or 5 hours and most of that comes from bad seals on the cylinder.
Under 40 minutes according to the clock i set on there. No external leakage on any of my FitRite cylinders or any leakdown with them disconnected. Allegedly my dealer has replaced several of them several times each. Only the toplink valve doesn't such.

More or less given up on Kubota fixing it. But haven't got around to an external valve of some sort that will likely kill float (not that I use float much on the side link, unlike the toplink). 20171222_150735-1.jpg20171222_154409.jpg

/ Top link extension on the tractor. #60  
I don't have the check valves on my top link. It doesn't leak down at all.