Toyota Tundra Problem?

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #31  
Imagine what's involved in replacing a frame. !!!!!

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #32  
Since by all accounts it looks like Toyota is making things right by replacing mounts and beds...... Id say that if far better than you will ever get from the other manufacturers.

Not a yota owner, rust bucket old chevy guy (x4) here, but will mention that Toyota didn't need bail out money. I'm about as American as they come but when the off shore guys do the right things because it is the right thing, I no longer think.... "What was that guy thinking" when I see a Tundra or Titan hauling stuff anymore.

I'm in line for the first dually Toyota makes. Just sayin.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #33  
Just got my 2006 Tacoma Double Cab back Saturday after Toyota replaced the frame, leaf springs & brake lines. My exhaust was shot so I only paid for parts, they picked up the labor as they already had it apart. I can't say enough about how well Toyota stands behind their products.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #34  
Since by all accounts it looks like Toyota is making things right by replacing mounts and beds...... Id say that if far better than you will ever get from the other manufacturers.

Not a yota owner, rust bucket old chevy guy (x4) here, but will mention that Toyota didn't need bail out money. I'm about as American as they come but when the off shore guys do the right things because it is the right thing, I no longer think.... "What was that guy thinking" when I see a Tundra or Titan hauling stuff anymore.

I'm in line for the first dually Toyota makes. Just sayin.

I sure wish Toyota was an American company, but the way I saw it, I was helping keep jobs at the assembly plant in Indiana (mine was made before Tundra production switched to Texas).

The 2016 Tundra diesel looks very interesting, and if they ever made a true HD truck, or dually, I'd be all over it!

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #35  
The 2016 Tundra diesel looks very interesting, and if they ever made a true HD truck, or dually, I'd be all over it![/QUOTE]

The 2016 diesel is not coming. The tier4 emission certification cost to much for the amount of diesel they project to sell.
Toyota working on it.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #36  
Imagine what's involved in replacing a frame. !!!!!

Toyota pays us 40 hours of labor to do the job. We have 3 mechanic that are certified do the work.
You would be surprised how fast they can take the frame off. Putting it back together well that's a story in it's self.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #37  
The 2016 diesel is not coming. The tier4 emission certification cost to much for the amount of diesel they project to sell. Toyota working on it.
I've always thought it was a shame and poor marketing that prevented Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi from importing their brilliant small diesel pickups to the U.S. I work a lot in developing countries where these trucks are all purpose vehicles and supremely reliable. Of course they won't match a V8 or even V6 on a freeway entrance ramp but they are simple and as reliable as an anvil.

I'm sure there were some regulatory hurdles even before Tier 4 but I'm equally sure there would have been a solid market for such a vehicle amongst the folks who value efficiency and reliability highly. If Subaru can sell under powered vehicles based on reliability and utility then surely that shows not everyone is looking only zoom zoom features and 0-60 times when shopping for a new vehicle. Had those trucks been imported or built here over the past forty years, it would have done a lot to increase public awareness and acceptance of diesels in both small utility trucks and also in passenger vehicles.

Trying to introduce them now, during the bleeding edge period of clean diesel requirements and technology, is fraught with hazards. We'll see what pans out but I am sure it would be an easier row to hoe today had we (they) not ignored small diesels in this market for decades.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #38  
That's pretty amazing! Glad I bought a Tundra :)

Traded my Tacoma for a Tundra in 2000. Never looked back and pushing 281,000 miles this morning. Fortunate to be one of the trucks that did not require rust remediation.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Toyota Tundra Problem? #39  
The 2016 diesel is not coming. The tier4 emission certification cost to much for the amount of diesel they project to sell.
Toyota working on it.

Street vehicles don't follow Tier IV emissions rules. The engine announced is a Cummins that Nissan has also announced they're using, and it already passes the LEV III emissions regulations.

At the Detroit auto show Toyota did announce they aren't going to offer a diesel Tacoma, but didn't say anything about the Tundra. If it was no longer in the works it would make sense they would have addressed it at the same time.

The bigger problem is the new emissions regulations that will go into effect after 2020, and all of the manufacturers are evaluating whether a diesel option will be cost-effective for light trucks since they would have to add emissions equipment similar to large trucks. In other words, Nissan and Toyota have to figure they would only be able to sell the diesel option for five model years...which is probably why they've said they're sourcing the engine from Cummins rather than spend development money on their own design.

/ Toyota Tundra Problem?
IMG_20150423_111358_110.jpgIMG_20150423_111232_051.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of the truck in question.