Buying Advice Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need.

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #21  
Just my opinion and nothing more...
4 series with Cab...
Sweet spot between full blown utility tractor and smaller 3 series...

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #22  
No, you actually helped me a great deal. I am thinking a 3 series decked out to the T's for comfort might be our best bet. Our house is a rectangle and our fence is perfectly in line with that. We are also going to be doing the paver thing to make life much easier as well.

I do have a nice Cub Cadet ZTR and we are keeping that to use for any tough areas too. I will have to settle I believe in a 3 series of the 4 series prove to be too bad off.

It hurt to pay for the pavers, but well worth it, should have done it when the house was built.

I looked at the pre Tier IV 4 Series before buying my L5740 and really liked them, but I was trading in my L5030HSTC so Kubota was the way to go, I didn't really look at the 3 Series as it just doesn't fit any of the needs we have another one won't do, but I they look to be very capable.

You mentioned buying a new one then getting an older big tractor which should work well, we have them made in the 50s, 60s and one in the 80s and they are used frequently, so that may well work for you if you can find a good one.

Good luck.

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need.
Just my opinion and nothing more...
4 series with Cab...
Sweet spot between full blown utility tractor and smaller 3 series...

I actually agree other than this is mostly what I find about them when researching.

IMG_1878.JPGIMG_1879.JPGIMG_1880.JPG

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #24  
Those pavers look great.

It hurt to pay for the pavers, but well worth it, should have done it when the house was built.

I looked at the pre Tier IV 4 Series before buying my L5740 and really liked them, but I was trading in my L5030HSTC so Kubota was the way to go, I didn't really look at the 3 Series as it just doesn't fit any of the needs we have another one won't do, but I they look to be very capable.

You mentioned buying a new one then getting an older big tractor which should work well, we have them made in the 50s, 60s and one in the 80s and they are used frequently, so that may well work for you if you can find a good one.

Good luck.

Wow that is beautiful work. I hope we can do as well on it. At the moment we are buying a tractor, then building a workshop, then fencing the yard and lastly we will start on the house.

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #26  
I actually agree other than this is mostly what I find about them when researching.

View attachment 478129View attachment 478130View attachment 478131

That is 3 bad reviews. Folks tend to vent about bad things. How many 4 series are out there with satisfied customers? How many 4 series units has Deere sold? Just keep things in perspective and realize that all units can have their issues no matter the manufacturer. I would suggest to go an try one out and if you like the layout and controls go with it.

That is 3 bad reviews. Folks tend to vent about bad things. How many 4 series are out there with satisfied customers? How many 4 series units has Deere sold? Just keep things in perspective and realize that all units can have their issues no matter the manufacturer. I would suggest to go an try one out and if you like the layout and controls go with it.

That is true and it is why I am asking others that might have 4 series what they think. Those were 3 of the 5 post on one forum.

I truly hope some 4 series owners step in as I keep thinking that will be the way to go and then I can rent if I need more for special projects.

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #28  
That was actually my first option but then the realization of all I can do with a tractor so it was off the table. Thank you though for the help.

I mentioned the mower with ac since you might be considering a smaller and larger tractor. Maybe an ac mower and a larger cab tractor would work and sell the ztr.

/ Tractor buying Advice. 3,4,5 family tractors. Help deciding what I need. #29  
Those pavers look great.

Thanks, I didn't take any pictures of the front, but basically the same, sure cut down on the mowing time.

Wow that is beautiful work. I hope we can do as well on it. At the moment we are buying a tractor, then building a workshop, then fencing the yard and lastly we will start on the house.

No way we could do something like that, we used Pavestone brand pavers and paid for a professional to put them in. He and my son worked together at the PD while he built up his business and my son helped him on several jobs and let him use our tractors, so we got a friends and family discount, but still expensive. Ground cover first then crushed stone first and compacted, then sand, leveled, spaced and polymeric sand to fill then masonry sealer along with metal edges.

It could be done by a home owner, but very labor intensive. OK, not THIS homeowner, but...:)

I mentioned the mower with ac since you might be considering a smaller and larger tractor. Maybe an ac mower and a larger cab tractor would work and sell the ztr.

If money was no object that would be the way to go. I have a max budget of about 50k total, including implements and trailer.

Is great input though and I appreciate it.